PDA

View Full Version : Starting at the gym today....Eeeeeek

kazzie
08-09-09, 11:28
Morning:D

As a lot of you know I was very poorly earlier this year and was bedridden for 7 weeks cos I couldent walk:lac:

After a lot of physio I got back on my feet:yesyes:

Well Ive been discharged from physio and now have to go to a Gym to improve my stamina:scared15:

I will never be able to walk that well as my feet are numb due to diabetic neuropathy but I have learned to live with this!!!

So please send me good luck vibes for 3pm this afternoon when I have my induction....Im dreading it, I know Im unfit and dont need some lycra clad fellow human to spell it out:roflmao:

Seriously tho I can feel the anxiety starting already, not set foot in a gym for 15 years:whistles:

Ah well thanks for listening to me moan:hugs:

Luv Kaz x x x:D

amandaj
08-09-09, 11:36
good luck kazzie, at least you been in one before i never have lol,im sure it will be fine
amandaxx

JohnLuke300
08-09-09, 11:46
There are often a lot of people with weight or health issues using the gym. I went regularly for the first 4 months of this year. My social phobia made me particularly anxious and all the thoughts that are going through you head were going through mine. But it was nowhere near as bad as I anticipated it was going to be. The instructors were very helpful and show you how to use the machines and give advice. And many there are usually just as unfit has you and probably thinking the exact same things you are. Just don't try and over do it, go at a pace you are happy with and you will be fine.

So Good Luck. :)

John

kazzie
08-09-09, 11:58
Thanks Amanda and John:hugs:

Im not overweight just unfit:whistles:

My 40 a day habit doesent help tho:roflmao:

I will let you know later on how it went if Im not in hospital with broken bones:wacko:

Luv Kaz x x x:hugs:

amandaj
08-09-09, 12:03
you wont have broken bones lol you might even enjoy it, wish i had the guts to get of my fat bum and go

JohnLuke300
08-09-09, 12:06
Just don't do what I did on the first day. I was so concerned I would look very unfit I completely over did it and nearly passed out. :D

I had instructors surrounding me thinking I was going to have a heart attack because I looked so white. Fortunately my colour returned in minutes and 10mins later I felt fine.

Remember to take fluid and a hand towel which I forgot.

All the best

John

kazzie
08-09-09, 12:35
Does vodka count as fluid John???:roflmao:

Kaz x x x

JohnLuke300
08-09-09, 12:42
The way I was feeling at the time, Yes! :yesyes:

kazzie
08-09-09, 16:40
Thanks Everyone:D

Well I went and guess what.....

BP normal
Resting pulse normal
Weight normal
BMI normal
Lung function normal

Got on the machines(look of horror on hubbys face was comical:roflmao: )

Had a good old work out and was told that Im actually pretty fit despite my problems with my feet!!!

How to use the equipment just came flooding back to me like 15 years ago was yesterday:yesyes:

Now Im just buzzing with the endorphines that working out give you....and thank you all soooo much for the support:hugs:

Cant wait to go again :yahoo:

Oh and a bonus....no panic or anx at all!!!!

Luv Kaz x x x:hugs:

sandy35
08-09-09, 17:37
Well done Kaz :yesyes:

Luci-loo
08-09-09, 18:19
Well done Kaz.

I've been totally inspired by the tales of everyone finding exercise good for them I've even been looking into finding an exercise programme that suits me.

bluesparkle
08-09-09, 18:41
well done kaz :yesyes:
thats is so cool...
glad it went ok.
rach
x

jo61
09-09-09, 11:25
Well done - I'm just about to go back. Got out of the habit this past year.

kazzie
09-09-09, 18:58
:hugs:
Thanks everyone

Luci why not pop along to your local gym and see whats on offer????

I would recommend it to anyone!!!

Luv Kaz x x x:D