PDA

View Full Version : slow heartbeat

meena
08-09-09, 12:22
hiya all.
i suffer from anxiety and panic attacks and fear death,due to death of my father,talking about death of knowing someone has died gets my fear going and i become a mess.
i noticed when i go to bed,my heartbeat seems slow,and i have to keep taking deep breaths,and i feel my chest is tight,is this normal with anxiety and panic attacks?
would love to hear from you all.
meena.

luke1982
08-09-09, 12:27
Yeah i get that sometimes too I often pay too much attention to my heart beat and it can often feel too slow or sometimes feel too fast. I spoke to my doctor about it and he simply said im paying too much attention to it

JohnLuke300
08-09-09, 12:34
Hi meena,

Your symptoms are very common with anxiety sufferers. It is most likely that your obsessing yourself with it is what is making it feel worse. Your blood pressure will often drop at night time this is normal and when we go to bed our minds are not distracted by any activity so we tend to notice the sensations in our bodies that we do not through the day.

All the best

John

marcc64
09-09-09, 16:42
I have the same thing at times, most people I've talked to have a fast heart beat (which i have had) when having anxiety or panic attack, but most the time it seems too slow and I can hardly feel the beat.