PDA

View Full Version : Problems with "balance"?

Mad Medic
08-09-09, 15:29
Not sure where else to ask this, not even sure how to put it.

Would be nice to find out if anyone else knows what I'm on about.

Sometimes my body feels like it's in a different position to how I can see it is. I know I'm going to sound mad here, but I'm not really worried about this it's just a mild annoyance I've had on and off for a few years. I just wanted to look into it.

It's definitely worse when I'm stressed out, but happens on and off as I say.

Sometimes I may be sitting up straight in a chair, and I can see how that's how I'm sitting, but my body feels as though it's laying down on one side.

Or in bed, if my eyes are closed my body feels like it's curled up slightly to one side when I know I'm laying out straight.

Also, possibly related is the way the room seems to spin when my eyes are closed but immediately ceases when I open my eyes.

Is this a slight problem with balance?

Thanks in advance :)

Madeleine
08-09-09, 16:24
Hi There,

I often have problems with my balance and can get very dizzy sometimes when I close my eyes in bed so you could be experiencing the same thing. With regards to the body thing feeling like it's in a different position to what you actually are, are you on medication or do you suffer with anxiety?x

nineteen
08-09-09, 16:35
sometimes my arms feel like they arent were they are supposed 2 be, like if they are both down by my sides, i feel like they arent there or they are moving or somthing its a weird sensation, happens with my legs too sometimes, dnt know if its the same kinda thing tho..?

Mad Medic
08-09-09, 19:47
Thanks for the replies.

What you both wrote sounds similar to what I experience.

I'm not on medication but I do suffer from anxiety. Used to be health anxiety but now it's mostly around social situation (or thinking about them).

I think it's safe to put this down to the anxiety and focus on dealing with that. As I said, I'm not too worried about it per se.

I haven't been to a professional about the anxiety but in all likeliness I will have to quite soon. Starting to dominate my life and I really can't have that.

Thanks again both of you.

Veronica H
09-09-09, 09:08
'Also, possibly related is the way the room seems to spin when my eyes are closed but immediately ceases when I open my eyes.'.....I get this too. with me it is definitely anxiety.There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes called 'self help for your nerves', published by Thorsons. This is available from the NMP Shop. Her work can also be downloaded free to your MP3 from the shop. I can't recommend this enough, as it really explains what is happening to us, and how we can recover.

Veronicax

Mad Medic
09-09-09, 12:22
Thanks, Veronica H, I'll give it a go :)