PDA

View Full Version : HA & Back complaint

luke1982
08-09-09, 21:36
Does anyone suffer from stiffness in the back due to anxiety for the last few days iv had a stiffness/heavy/full feeling in my lower back in my spine its only when i lay on a certain side and doesnt hurt but its getting on my nerves.
Im trying to avoid going to the doctors as I feel im there practically every week.
I spend allot of my day laying down and wonder if this could be a reason for it.
Also today my skin has just been itching i cant stop any advice?

Carla louise
09-09-09, 15:41
Hi Luke,yeah I had this about three weeks ago, it drove me mad I find I get it more when I have been sat at the computer or studying for long periods of time. My son has been led down on the setee for the majority of the day for three days because he has been ill with a bad cough,and he is complaining today that his body is stiff, I suspect laying down is a very big contributor. With regard to your itching have you used anything different, meds, food, wash powder x

luke1982
09-09-09, 17:25
Found out our water supply had a bug in it which i believe might have caused the itching of the skin, apparently it was due to the heavy rain weve had recently.
Regarding my back its only when laying on my side so im not too worried anymore. Just got back from a physical examination at my local gps and told i was fit and healthy

meg86
09-09-09, 17:31
Thats great news Luke :) has it reassured you about everything? i have seen on your other threads that you are concerned about your glands, they sound normal to me but i have the same fear of you are slowely starting to overcome it, as i find with anxiety though it is a never ending cycle and as long as you are anxious you will always worry about something, i think maybe you should give CBT another try, i know its scary but you are fit and healthy so its time to stop worrying about your health and try and get your life back :)

luke1982
09-09-09, 17:36
Thanks meg yeah it was my glands i was worried about silly i know lol but i was obsessed with them it was a bit embarrassing to think almost all the doctors at that surgery have seen me starkers now lol.
So yeah i think im gonna be over the whole gland obsession now and i can concentrate on getting back into work and stuff. It's funny even though im a paranoid schizophrenic its the health anxiety that ruins my day and annoys everyone else that's around me. You would of thought it would of been my other condition that would distract me most from life.
Im going to enquirer about cbt at my next psychologist appointment in two weeks time. Im also thinking about taking up the offer of my cpn and joining some of the local groups that do activity's just to get me out of the house.