PDA

View Full Version : I'm trying hard

jue69
20-10-05, 09:44
Hi All

Thanks for all your helpful replies to my last post. It is so good to hear from people who truly understand how you feel. If i talk to a person who doesn't suffer from health anxiety i always feel they are giving advice but somehow just not understanding. I am a chatty girly and don't hide the fact i suffer from this dreaded thing, but sometimes i do feel really misunderstood, as if i'm some kind of weirdo.

Well anyway, i just thought i would let you all know that i have really been trying hard to put these health issues to the back of my mind, i am still suffering symptoms such as palpitations, but know that i have had the tests and all is fine. I have got a niggerly cough which keeps rearing its ugly head, and come on guys you all know what i'm thinking, but I am really trying not to think the worst, i'm sure, well as sure as anyone can be, that i will still be here this time next year.

jue.

trac67
20-10-05, 10:06
Hi Jue,
Well done on the positive thinking, that really is the best way to deal with anxiety issues. If you don't let it control you then it will realise it is wasting its time and leave you alone.

Think of it as the school bully, if it gets a reaction out of you, it will keep picking on you, but if you hold your head high and say to it, do what you like i am a far stronger person than you, it soon gets fed up and stops.

Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwitten'

jue69
20-10-05, 10:11
Thanks for the advice Trac67, I really do try this method of thinking and do think it helps, but i have this little demon in my head that always says "what if". I know that my symptoms are anxiety but that little trouble maker is always there in the background, playing games with me.

Jue.

Meg
20-10-05, 13:26
'what if this is it this time thoughts' (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4694)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?