PDA

View Full Version : Increased to 40mg

kingmuma
08-09-09, 23:44
Hello All,

I'm a newcomer to the site, and so very pleased I've found it and all the information contained within it, and awful though it may sound, it's very comforting to know that you're not alone in suffering from the conditions that mean you have to take this drug.

I've been taking Prozac since the 12th August and have just been back to the GP for a review, they've increased the dose to 40mg and it says to "take one tablet twice daily" - silly question but when should I take the second one? I take the first one when I get up but how long in between....?

I'm sorry if this is a silly question but just don't know

Regards
Pat

luke1982
09-09-09, 00:14
Hi Pat I used to take mine in the morning when I got up and the second around dinner time. Hope that helps.
Not been on that medication for about ten years now though how are you getting on with it so far? :)

gypsywomen
09-09-09, 10:20
hi i was on 20mg made me tierd and worse so after 16 days had to stop feel better but dont know if it was the prosac that helped ...hope you good on it

jo61
09-09-09, 11:22
They can act as a stimulant so best not take them too late in the day as insomnia can follow. I take one dose in the morning.

Catya
09-09-09, 13:43
I once took this dose as well, but took them both together, in the morning.

kingmuma
09-09-09, 20:37
Good Evening All,

Thanks for the replies, so far I think I'm doing okay, don't seem to have had any of the side effects that have been mentioned apart from really bad itching which has left me raw and bleeding at times, soorried that it means the medication is not working for me.???

I took my first double dose today, one in the morning and one at lunchtime and just wondering how long I should give them before I see any improvement or change - I just feel numb really.

Just gone back to work after 3 1/2 months on sick and I'm feeling very overwhelmed by that, thought I was ready to go back but now not sure.

Hate feeling like this, so lethargic, can't be bothered and so chewed up over little things, please tell me it gets better?

Regards
Pat x

luke1982
09-09-09, 20:43
Hi Pat I know what you mean about work I thought I was ready to go back too and ended up managing two days there and being signed off for another three months. It does get better though. The pills can take a while to kick in id say give it a few weeks as I think it took a while for me to get the full benefit of them when I was on them.

Luke

kingmuma
09-09-09, 20:55
Thanks Luke, after today I'm really not sure that I've made the right decision to go back but as they're being so supportive, not sure what I should do?

In your experience, do you think I should take both tablets together or seperately please?

Regards
Pat x

luke1982
09-09-09, 20:57
I dont think it matters really Pat you can take them both together or take them at meal times I think its just down to preference.
Yeah my work were really supportive aswell but I just couldnt cope even with the reduced staggered hours they gave me to get back into it.
Im worried about going back as iv not been in contact with my work since theyve sent me a couple of letters asking where I am but havent had the courage to reply stupid i know.
How long have you been on the tablets now?

Luke

kingmuma
09-09-09, 21:43
I started taking them on the 12th August, so nearly at the end of my first month, and today first day on two a day.

I know what you mean about work, they've staggered my hours for me to go back, told me no pressure at all but that in itself is pressure, but I daren't go to work and say think I've come back too soon and I'm going off again....

My Dr also gave me some diazepam to help with the anxiety about going back which has helped but is only a short term thing and when they've gone don't know what to do.

I think the worse thing is that everybody says "you look really well" and they don't see that inside you're a lump of jelly and you're thinking how useless you are, what a failure etc or thats how I feel.

Depression is the pits and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy let alone any I cared about and I just hope that the tablets kick in soon and I don't feel such a failure....

Pat x

luke1982
09-09-09, 21:54
I got diazepam too i was embarrassed to go back to work because I found out they had a meeting about me and the fact that I had schizophrenia so when I went back people were either avoiding me completely or being over the top nice where they had been right A' holes before

kingmuma
09-09-09, 22:14
Luke, I so know what you mean, I don't know what been said about me at work, but everyone seems very 'velvet glove' never had so many 'friends' with
hugs, and good to see you's etc, when previously they can hardly bring themselves to talk to you....

I know that I'm paranoid at the moment, but seems everyone is watching you waiting for you to screw up, don't know if I should go to work, talk to my boss and see what she says or just put me head under the pillow and cease to exist...I know which option I prefer

Pat x

Tangerine Man
11-10-09, 08:17
I take them both at breakfast. The increase in dose takes time to work (3/4 weeks) so patience is the key - and yes I know that is difficult but for me it has made things more bearable.:)