PDA

View Full Version : meningitis? I need help :'(

Alexy
09-09-09, 00:00
At the gym this morning I noticed some pin prick red marks on my shoulders, I just remembered them and when iv just pressed a glass on them, they don't fade :s would I be dead already if it was meningitis?

luke1982
09-09-09, 00:20
I would try not to worry its likely to be flushing of the skin due to having been at the gym.

luke1982
09-09-09, 00:23
Also you would have other symptoms by now such as a dislike of bright lights vomiting and delirium the symptoms of meningitis can come on pretty quickly if i understand

Alexy
09-09-09, 00:26
But I went to the gym this morning, its really late now :(

Alexy
09-09-09, 00:27
Yeah, so would I be dead now if it was?

teez
09-09-09, 00:29
can be a alergy rash or virus rash hun,,do you feel ill at all,,beside the panic of course

Alexy
09-09-09, 00:33
I don't think so, im not sure, like since thinking about it my head hurts a bit and I feel a bit sick :( but I dunno if its panic :s can allergy rashes not fade too?

teez
09-09-09, 00:39
yup,,do you have a thermometoer,,take your temp sweet heart try to stay calm,,their lots of virus,s out there at the mo, if your really worried phone nhs help line

Alexy
09-09-09, 00:53
Im not too warm, at keept I don't think, I don't have a thermomiter :s would I be more ill if it was meningitis? When I was younger the advertp for it were always like saying your have to cat fast with it and stuff

daisycake
09-09-09, 10:53
Hiya :) you would be really really ill for the rash to have shown up - I know how you feel, this is one of my biggest fears too, but trust me, you aren't ill - there are lots of explanations for rashes - I've had a very similar rash for nearly a year and I'm fine (think it's a genetic skin thing more than a rash!) the feeling sick thing is probably anxiety too, I always feel like that whenever I go to the doc's or church (when I'm most worked up!)

LisaLisa
09-09-09, 13:02
hey

they sounds awfully like little burst blood cappilaries. Most probably caused by your gym bag in your shoulder. Everyone has them, its only a problem if there are tonnes and they are big and you have other symptoms.

The are called something like petchiea or something like that. Super normal and common

Lisa
xxxx

Carla louise
09-09-09, 15:15
Hi Alexy, my son had a vivid red rash on his arm that didn't fade any when a glass was pressed on it, I was frantic, like yourself aware of the advice to `act fast', but he was fine in himself so I just kept an eye on him, the next day it had gone. You would feel ill if it was Meningitis xxxxxxxx

Mamfa85
09-09-09, 15:19
I recently had this problem with my daughter,i did the glass test spend an hour crying and arranging a babysitter for my other daughter when my neighbour pointed out she would have other symptoms by now,she was fine and the rash like spots just went,i would always ring a doctor but stay in the now and deal with problems as they come.I know this hard

gypsywomen
09-09-09, 15:20
if your not sure contact THE DOCTER to be on safe side,,can i just say i was a nurse the marks you get are purple like blood blisters so i doubt if it isanything to worry about:yesyes: