PDA

View Full Version : All my NEW symptoms!!

xBettyBoopx
09-09-09, 01:25
I have suffered with anxiety, panic attacks & health anxiety for 34 years. Since March of this year I have a whole load of new symptoms, to be honest I don't think it's anxiety, but would like to know if you do.

1) Heart racing sometimes for no apparent reason.

2) Shaking for no apparent reason.

3) Shivering even when it's not cold (with excessive peeing).

4) Cold hands and feet.

5) Extreme twitching and muscle jerks.

That's all I can think of at the moment, but I'm sure I will be able to add to the list when I can think straight!!

Do you honestly think that after 34 years of the same symptoms, that all these are new ones to anxiety, or do you think maybe I have something physical wrong with me?:weep: :weep:

Els

ps. Since I wrote down 'Heart racing for no apparent reason', my heart has started racing & I haven't had it for a few days!!

Mad Medic
09-09-09, 01:33
No-one here is medically qualified to answer your question, have you seen a doctor about this?

Might be worth seeing a new one to rule out your regular GP just putting it down to the anxiety i.e. you want a couple of tests.

xBettyBoopx
09-09-09, 01:41
Hi Medic

I know that no one here is medically qualified, I was asking for peoples opinions!!

Obviously I am feeling really anxious & I wondered what people thought!

pollyanna
09-09-09, 08:02
Hi Els

Did most of these symptoms come on after you lost lady? My guess is these are anxiety/grief related. After all that you have gone through in the last couple of weeks, and having read a few of your other posts since lady died, i know that you are very very low and you are very anxious, and you will notice every single thing that your body is doing.
When my grandfather died, and that was long before i had an anxiety problem like i have now, i had a lot of the symptoms that you have described, if it continues it might be worth getting some reassurance from your GP, but after all you have gone through in the last few weeks, i am not surprised that something new has appeared.

You are in my thoughts.

Take care

Pauline x :hugs:

nervousnikki
09-09-09, 08:15
Hi Elspeth.

I have to say mad medic was very abrupt, this site is to talk to others for reasurence that our symptoms are anx related. How very unhelpful being a sufferer of HA that would have made me feel worse!

I also get all the symptoms you mentioned and my symptoms do change at times of high stress. Having just lost Lady this will have affected your everyday routine i guess. your stress levels will be higher than normal.

I hope todday is a better day for you
x nikki

pinktart2009
09-09-09, 08:19
hi, yes i have all those symptoms too, doc now says its worst because of my age now n periods playing up, im nearly 46,..you are not alone, best wishes.x

pinktart2009
09-09-09, 08:25
also have you had your blood sugars checked, as when mine are low this happens too.

MOJO
09-09-09, 09:51
Hi Elspeth!
I too have all of the symptoms that you mentioned (plus of course, a million others!). As other posters have said, it's possible that losing Lady and feeling so low about it has made you notice all these symptoms more than you would have normally. I hope things get better for you soon.:hugs:

sue.b
09-09-09, 12:19
Hi Elspeth

Sorry you are having such a bad time lately.

I have had all of these symtoms too over the years. They certainly sounds anxiety related.

I think Pollyanna is absolutely right, you have had a tough time lately. Losing your beloved Lady is sure to have an effect on you as you loved her so much.

The grief process can take a while. You will get there Els, remeber that, also remeber that you are not alone.

If you need to chat just pm me.

Take care

Sue xxxxxx:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

mel07
09-09-09, 16:21
Hi Elspeth, I to have had all of these symptoms over the years and it sounds as if its down to anxiety. However it is always worth going yo your GP just to rule out anything physical and for reassurance.

Take care, Mel.

Bluebelle
09-09-09, 21:00
Hi Elspeth
Twelve years ago my beloved K.C. (Kitty-Cat) was run over in front of my house and died. I went into mourning and couldn't get the horror out of my head. I experienced the EXACT symptoms as you've described-especially the shivering and excessive peeing. I hadn't realized this at the time but I had quit eating (all I was doing was crying) and wasn't sleeping (grief insomnia -who can sleep without their purring bedmate).
So I wasn't sleeping and I wasn't eating-just living on coffee/tea.
These symtoms are apparently is a natural reaction to a coffee/tea diet.
I know it is painful-I know there is no greater grief and I am SO sorry that you're going through this terrible saddness. The loss of your beautiful Lady is the hardest thing to try and live through- and you will live through it. Try and eat something maybe an apple or banana sometimes toast with jam -just little bites and not huge meals.
I not saying you'll get over your loss because maybe you never will- I never got over the loss of my K.C. but I did live through it. It is rough and heartbreaking and so lonely but I am here to help you live through it. You can PM me anytime.
Love Bluebelle

mandie
09-09-09, 23:08
Hi Elspeth

It sounds anxiety related to me, especially since u been through a bad time lately losing Lady

love mandie x

Mad Medic
10-09-09, 01:09
Whoops, just a quick message to apologise - didn't mean to come across as abrupt or dismissive.