PDA

View Full Version : Panic and palps

angieb
20-10-05, 14:34
Having good and bad times at the moment and trying to stay upbeat. Can't understand how my anxiety has been triggered so violenty again :(

The school run has been fine, yesterday I managed to go about business pretty much as normal just a bit shaky but...today at lunch time popped out to a local shop (it was my safe shop the small supermarket that got me going out again on my own months back) and I had no sooner got through the door than my heart just took off at mad gallop. It was all I could do to grab the three things I needed on jelly legs and get to the checkout. The girl must have thought I was mad shaking away grabbing for my Bach spray before even paying her. However got to the car and started to calm down then back at home wicked heart palps started. I was wondering my palps seem to be getting worse and almost have a peak like an electir shock in my chest when they happen now too. Does anyone else get this?

I do think I help to bring them on though as it has been noticed that when I feel anxious I put my right hand under my jumper just below my bra and rub my tummy for comfort - I wonder it I am stimulating the central nerve there - is this a possibility?

Off to Norfolk for half term tomorrow and half of me is relieved as I seem to do well on and after a holiday and half of me is just fed up that I will have to go through distraction etc just to survive it again [Sigh...]

mirry
21-10-05, 07:27
Hi AngieB

Sorry your getting the horrible palpatations at the moment, I get them on and off doing the school run and shopping.
Well done continuing with your shop despite feeling so bad , I bet the checkout girl didnt even notise and so what if she did!
If I take a bad panic somewhere I always make sure either that day or the next i go back to the place i panicked to retrain my brain that it is harmless.
GO BACK TO THE SHOP A.S.A.P!:D

mirryx

PaladinX
24-10-05, 00:39
what you say about eletric shock in the chest is exactly kind of the feeling i get. My symptoms are dizziness, like a clogged head feeling, very strange and scary.. Off balance feelings..

but i notice when i got to sleep right before im ready to nod off, I get these shock feelings in my chest. They are very hard to explain.. I dont know what is causing it