PDA

View Full Version : Pokers/Prodders

luke1982
09-09-09, 11:52
Hi people some of you may have read some of my other posts concerning glands particularly the ones in my groin (crease of leg) just wondered how many people out there also constantly poke and prod at things like that?
Iv been doing it for a little over two weeks now daily and almost hourly (every time i get up for a smoke) has anyone found a way of dealing with this iv tried distraction techniques but they dont help so much.

For me it started with a lump under my arm, arm pit area, and i kept poking until it was tender. I soon got bored of this area when I found the side of my jaw to be quite vascular and tight so i started poking that..then I got bored of that and started poking inbetween the creases of my legs found a few lumps and bumps tiny maybe pea sized, possibly a bit smaller and I have made that area tender to touch now.

Would make me feel a bit better to know im not the only one that does this, constant poking and prodding and is it quite common for people that suffer with anxiety?

I feel its because i never leave the house, barely occupied and have nothing better to think about im looking to go back to work but im not sure how to approach my boss due to some of the things he said to me when i was last there that embarrassed me.

Would it be normal if one was to keep prodding at a gland to make it tender its probably a stupid question i know but would make me feel a hell of allot better if someone just told me out right.

Thanks for reading :)

meg86
09-09-09, 12:54
Its not normal to keep prodding them, my boyfriend and my mum also have glands they can feel but they dont pay them any attention or prod them like a maniac, its definately a anxiety thing :)

luke1982
09-09-09, 13:00
Thanks meg was debating over whether or not to pop back down to the doctors but usually leave it to the end of the day and dont bother.

luke1982
09-09-09, 13:24
Also im curious what size are glands supposed to be when they are normal? ie not inflammed/swollen?
Mine are pea sized maybe a tad smaller than that, is that normal?
I think if I knew what size they were supposed to be id get over it. I felt my partners nodes and hers seemed bigger than mine although shes considerably thinner than me lol