PDA

View Full Version : Hi all. My name is Glenn (newbie)

ClemmonsHoo
20-10-05, 16:15
In July of this year I was riding my bike when I had a severe heart attack that required an emergency bypass. Since then I have been feeling a lot of anxiety. It was not supposed to happen to me. I was in good shape and was planning on racing next year. This has not helped with the anxiety at all. Oh yeah, I'm 45 - Masters Class.

meatybuddy
20-10-05, 16:25
hi clemmonshoo

welcome to the site and the forums you will find people here very helpfull - sorry to hear about your severe heart attack - my sister-in-laws father had several heart attacks in july this year and he ended up haveing to have a quad bypass and he is the same he suffers terrible with anxiety but there are loads off people here more than willing to give you advice

i know what anxiety and panic attacks is like i suffer them terribly myself

hope you feel better soon

best wishes

darren

There is light at the end of the tunnel its just finding it thats the hard part

Clare England
20-10-05, 17:56
Hi Clemmons

welcome to the site, I think you will have a lot of help and support from the folks here,

Clare

chucklehound
20-10-05, 18:05
Hi Glenn and welcome to NMP where you will get lots of support and

make some new friends too...:D

Take Care

Chucklehound

xxxx

seh1980
20-10-05, 18:08
Welcome aboard!! :D

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

Meg
20-10-05, 18:58
Hi ,

Did you get investigated and was an underlying cause of your unexpected cardiovascular ischaemia found and treated ?

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Karen
20-10-05, 20:38
Hi

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

pips
21-10-05, 10:43
Hi Glenn,

A warm Welcome to the forum.

Take Care,

Love Pip's X

ClemmonsHoo
21-10-05, 15:40
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi ,

Did you get investigated and was an underlying cause of your unexpected cardiovascular ischaemia found and treated ?

<div align="right">Originally posted by Meg - 20 October 2005 : 17:58:34</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Meg, My LAD had a myocardial bridge across it. Noone knew about this including myself. I pushed myself too hard on my bike and my LAD dissected inside the bridge. The treatment was a bypass. I don't know yet if or how much permanent damage there is.

Meg
21-10-05, 16:09
Aha.. That makes more sense now.

So unexpected as noone knew prior to the event, but not too unexepected had anyone known of the abnormality.

Yes, its still early days but so far so good.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?