PDA

View Full Version : I'll start with a pic

Thorny
09-09-09, 13:59
Hi all,

I'm Thorny (real name Matt) aged 22 from Norfolk.

My anxiety issues started around 8 years ago. When I began to have panic attacks before / whilst at school. They gradually got worse, which greatly affected my self confidence e.c.t. After lots of support from my family & counsellors e.c.t I began to slowly improve, but after leaving school in 2003 I had 10 different jobs / training placements in the space of three years. They all ended because I could not physically get into the office e.c.t due to panic attacks and rock bottom self esteem. :weep:

In the following years I have received more treatment including CBT, which helped a great deal.

I have a full time job..... just. As currently I am off work with the same kind of issues that affected me previously. I have improved a lot from years back (self esteem, trying new things e.c.t) but this has hit me quite hard. I am battling my way through, and hopefully there is some light, just maybe a small glimmer at the end of the tunnel.

Attached is a picture I took a couple of weeks ago “Despair”

I have also written some poems about the kind of stuff I have gone through. I’ll have to post some.

Take Care & be positive (Yah I know its damn easy to say, but as we all know, it’s a different story trying to do it!! ):)

Thorny.

diane07
09-09-09, 16:57
Hi Matt,

A huge warm welcome to nmp

you'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way

best wishes

di xx

Vanilla Sky
09-09-09, 17:08
Welcome to NMP , it's very supportive here , you will find the chatroom helpful too , so maybe see you in there sometime, Love Paige x

suzy-sue
09-09-09, 17:20
Hi and :welcome: to NMP Matt .You will find a lot of help and support here .Sue.

meg86
09-09-09, 17:34
Welcome to NMP :) sounds like you have come along way, this site is fantastic i am sure you will find some very useful advice on here x

Thorny
09-09-09, 21:40
Thanks for the comments, they mean alot :)

Neuro
09-09-09, 21:58
Your picture certainly reflects feelings that seem common here, and feelings I experience....I suppose people have ways of confronting their feelings, I tend to draw stuff (unfortunately I'm a poor artist, but it helps).
Your story is moving, Matt and I sincerely hope that you feel better soon....and I understand the 'keep positive' thing; it's hard to keep that mindset on sometimes.
Look forward to seeing poetry (that's another thing I try but am not very good at).

Sophie.