PDA

View Full Version : A lump..you ladies know where, fever and abdominal pain...HELP!!

majdle
09-09-09, 21:43
Hello to everyone,
after a long time, me again. I noticed a cherry sized hard lump you know where, kind of between the vaginal opening and the rectum (sorry for being graphic), it doesn´t hurt, doesn´t itch, doesn´t do anything at all, it´s just there. So of course I freaked out and got my apt at my gyno straight away - next Monday it is. I´ve also had a bit of a discharge lately and figured I´d get them both taken care of. Anyway, I woke up this morning with awful abdominal cramps, in my lower abdomen, actually as low as it gets. They tend to go when I lie down or sit, but walking is hell. I thought they´d pass, but they´ve been with me for the whole day. I have normal stool, normal appetite, all that is fine, so I guess it must be some ladies´stuff. It tend to hurt a bit more when I urinate. I also have a temperature. I can´t wait till Monday, I just need to make it through the few days. I´m freaking out, but I´m trying to stay off google. I´m so scared that the doc will look at me and go: Whoa! You´re a goner girl...or something of that sort, like they´re gonna find out that I have the big C or something equally as awfull. Also, I was travelling last night and they showed this movie on the bus: it was about a woman my age (I´m 25) who gets diagnosed by terminal C in her uterus spreading everywhere and she only has two months to live. I cannot get it out of my head now and I´m just freaking out so much. I had my pap test done ca 3 years ago and it was all fine, but shouldn´t I go every year? Girls, I´m so scared...should I go to ER? I´m home with my Mom who´s a nurse and when I wanted to go she was screaming at me that the docs would be angry if I go to ER now...:-( I dunno what to do...Any word of reassurance would be very appreciated.
Thank you so much.
Maggie

ro44
09-09-09, 22:25
You may possibly have a bladder infection if you have pain when you urinate along with a fever. I don't know if that would be connected to the lump. Is it really as big as a cherry? Did it just pop up overnight at that size or start out small? I know you can have little cysts in that area. I've had them before and they eventually went away but they were small.

I can't diagnose, as I'm not a doctor. I'm sure the doctor will be able to explain it all to you. Try not to worry.

majdle
10-09-09, 21:15
Hey there RO44,
you were perfectly right. The pain got really bad, so I went to ER after all and guess what - it WAS the urinary tract - there is a little stone in there causing all the trouble. I wouldn´ve said a little thing like that could cause such a terrible pain. I´m feeling so relieved. And: the little growth down there got checked on, too and the doc said it is nothing I should be concerned about. Wow, seeing a doc really helps at times. Thank you so much for your support! Hugs, Maggie

ashlynyoyohelp
11-09-09, 02:36
I am so happy for you majdle! i had UTI too and it was truly hell! I am so happy you are feeling better! please Enjoy life! *Hugs*

The wisest person in the world knows they have much too learn

barbn
11-09-09, 14:07
I had the same exact lump and I freaked out to - immediately thought of cancer! I made an appointment with my GP - she checked me out and told me it was more than likely a swollen gland - maybe a small infection. She said not to worry and call her if it didn't go away in a couple of weeks. I thought "A swollen gland" - how is that possible. I didn't believe her and freaked out checking myself all the time - making it worse. Well, she was right, it has totally gone away - took a while, but it did.

I am sooo glad it worked out for you!!!

ro44
11-09-09, 14:15
Good to hear! So glad you got yourself checked out and are now feeling better.

Ro44