PDA

View Full Version : old but new to u

sweatysock
20-10-05, 21:24
hi my name is will, i have suffered from anxiety for a number of years tried various things but i still suffer unfortunetely, however i have now come of all medications as i felt they never did anything for me. tried many prescribed, herbal, legal non legal etc now im on wine and nicotine only. just cant seem to leave out these, requires will power im told which i must not have, anyway i thought it best that i try talking to others in the same boat . can i add on a more serious note that i have been told on many occations that i should get to the route of my problem and work it out from there, this is where i stumble because i think i know the problem but cannot work out how to overcome it, hence continuous anxiety and all the physical and emotional problems that go with it. for excample i come from a family that has a lot of cardiac problems so some time ago i convinced myself i was next and somehow created the symptoms of heart attack so much i even had an angiogram but was told i was ok even though yes i can can hear you say it stop smoking . however my mind was never really convinced as i would think yes ok but what if they are wrong doctors do make mistakes etc and this is how i would go.this makes you feel a bit phony as i am aware there are people on this site who really have had serious heart problems so i would appologise to them if i can as i am not trying to put myself in the same boat as them however i suppose my mind is . but there is more to it, i know that i have other issues such as my wifes health she has been poorly for a long time and i am her carer this brings stress of different kind and i am now talking to you and in doing using an other approach hope i havent bored you to much but this alone has helped thanks . will

man is born free, but is everywhere in chains

meatybuddy
20-10-05, 21:38
hi will
welcome to the site and the forums here you will get lots of good advice from a very friendly team of people who will help you through this horrible anxiety..

hope things get better for you soon

all the best

darren

There is light at the end of the tunnel its just finding it thats the hard part

sweatysock
20-10-05, 21:46
hi darren

many thanks look forward to talking to you and others

take care
will

Meg
20-10-05, 22:25
Hello Will

Sorry to hear you're still struggling a lot.

None of us are perfect so although we know we have vices we feel unable to stop them so it becomes a matter of what scares you more and how you can rationalize it or not as in the case of anxiety.

Have you had any help such as CBT rather than drugs

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/healthanxiety.htm

First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

sweatysock
20-10-05, 23:13
hi meg

excuse the ignorance but what is CBT

Meg
21-10-05, 06:50
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=therapy

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

pinkscrumpy
21-10-05, 07:42
Hi Will

A big warm welcome to the site. I am sure you will find plenty of help and support from us all.

:D:D

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
Will I ever be free?
Wake me up from this nightmare.
Please just give me the key!

chucklehound
21-10-05, 09:15
Hi Will and welcome to NMP where you will get lots of support and

make some new friends too.:D[^]:D

Good luck with your recovery!

Take Care

Chucklehound

xxxx

desperate
21-10-05, 09:51
Hi Will and welcome!

First Anxiety...then panic attacks...now GAD and depression...now working on a better future!

3faces
21-10-05, 10:14
Hi Will:D

Welcome to this forum and isn't it great to know you're not alone with your feelings. You will get lots of support/advice here, I know I have and the good thing is knowing you can talk to others who understand where you're coming from.

Take care:D

Jem xxx

Karen
21-10-05, 12:32
Hi Will

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

sweatysock
21-10-05, 12:33
hi meg

and thanks to everyone else for a warm welcome.
i have had a look at the links you posted so now i know what CBT is they say you learn something new everyday, will look closer asap

will

Clare England
21-10-05, 15:30
Dear Will

welcome to the boards here, I hope you will soon feel at home!

Clare

mazz
22-10-05, 12:23
hi will welcome to the site