PDA

View Full Version : Need to travel

Lynnann
09-09-09, 22:14
Hey everyone,

I have been trying to travel up to Scotland to visit for my Grandmother; however life has constantly gotten in the way and it hasn't happened.

I think now is the time to bite the bullet and just go alone, this is something I never do; I don't go anywhere alone. But I need to see her and already feel extremely guilty that I haven't already.

I phone her but it is not the same as seeing her, I know I am good in that I phone her more often than my cousins that live nearby she deserves more than this but that is not the point she is getting older and I love her dearly and I need to find the strength to do this visit alone; my partner will not be able to get time off work to accompany me.

She will be 85 next month so I am trying to plan getting time off work to go see her for it, but the thought of the journey fills me with fear so I need your strength and hugs,

Lynnann:flowers:

ladybird64
09-09-09, 22:25
Hiya Lynnann

Tons of these :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: and all the strength that I can muster is heading your way.
Whenever I have to make a journey that I don't feel up to taking I always mentally imagine that friends here from the forum are with me in spirit, it gives me courage.
Don't know if it will help you any but I hope it does.

Will be right there on the journey with you hun :flowers:

sue.b
10-09-09, 00:01
Hi Lynnann

Great big hugs coming your way. :bighug1: :bighug1:

:bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1:
I know what you are going through, but sometimes we surprise ourselves so go for it.

My thoughts are with you every step of the way.

Take care.

Sue xxxxxx:bighug1:

Lynnann
13-09-09, 04:29
Thank you for your hugs,

I have booked the flight now October 7th. my hands were shaking while I was booking it and for some time afterwards and part of me thinks I am insane for trying.

I have never let that part of my family know I suffer from any issues so there can be no excuses. I guess I have set myself along a no looking back course of action.

Just a shame it scares the pants off me

Southern_Belle
13-09-09, 06:02
Hi Lynnann,

I know you can do this and I agree that you should go see your Grandmother and make warm happy memories that will last forever. You have strength within you to get you through this and before you go pack a carry on bag full of items to distract you during the trip. You will have a wonderful time and a fantastic success story to tell us all.

Love,

Laura

Lynnann
02-10-09, 23:23
Thanks Laura,

Under a week to go, still not sure how I am going to bring myself to get on that plane!

Then coping for a week without the security of having Paul around; really questioning my sanity for attempting this.

Paul told me to just not go if it was making me ill; but surely something inside me thinks I am ready otherwise I wouldn't have booked the flight?

Lordy I think I might have overstretched myself

Lynnann
07-10-09, 04:03
I can't do this!

I feel completely trapped! I have been looking at the suitcase for 2 days I can't bring myslf to pack it.

I am too scared!

I can't do this , yet I don't know how to get out of it either , I just feel so completely trapped, I am spending all my time on the edge of panic.

diane07
07-10-09, 07:47
Lynnann,

Always remember, the thought is worse than the deed itself!

I wouldn't say carry on with the journey or not, but what i will say is i can understand your fear, the feelings are awful, and only you can decide whether you should go or not.

Whatever you decide to do, we're all here to support you.

best wishes

di xx

BabyRachel
07-10-09, 10:59
I know it is hard to get over anxiety when travelling. I get like this every single morning before I leave. I try to think of how good it will feel to have accomplished the task. Think of if you can do this then you really can do anything. By going, your not letting anxiety win - YOUR THE WINNER.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::flowers:

best of luck. xx

kazzie
07-10-09, 19:34
:bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:Lynnanne

Luv Kaz x x x

KK77
07-10-09, 20:18
:bighug1::hugs::bighug1:Melancholia x

Irish-Artist
19-10-09, 21:54
Hey everyone,

I have been trying to travel up to Scotland to visit for my Grandmother; however life has constantly gotten in the way and it hasn't happened.

I think now is the time to bite the bullet and just go alone, this is something I never do; I don't go anywhere alone. But I need to see her and already feel extremely guilty that I haven't already.

I phone her but it is not the same as seeing her, I know I am good in that I phone her more often than my cousins that live nearby she deserves more than this but that is not the point she is getting older and I love her dearly and I need to find the strength to do this visit alone; my partner will not be able to get time off work to accompany me.

She will be 85 next month so I am trying to plan getting time off work to go see her for it, but the thought of the journey fills me with fear so I need your strength and hugs,

I travel occasionally yet I have very bad agoraphobia - how can this be so?
DIAZEPAM - Ask your doctor, take 2mg x 3 the day before then up it to 5mg each 4 hours on the day you are travelling (check doses with yoru doctor, and make sure you have a nice doctor!!). Make sure your visitee knows that you are a sufferer and will let you have plenty of lie down time and rest when you arrive. Its 100% easier this way and diazepam is non-addictive for the first 2 weeks, so its absolutely fine to use sparodically.

Best of luck. Oh and eat lots day before and day your taking it. This helps how you feel as well.
:shades: