PDA

View Full Version : is this a new symptom of anxiety?

xleannexwrightx
10-09-09, 00:16
Hey, ive been having a good past couple of weeks - apart from having panic attcks before i sleep, however during the day it got easier and calmed down a lot,
Im down in devon at the moment to visit a few friends and a nice break, on the train down i had a few epsiodes of panic attacks which was horrible as was up standing though most of the train down...so all eyes on me didnt help as i was aware i was havin a panic attack! Yet it passed on, and started to feel normal again,.
Yet these last 2days i feel as if my arms, along my shoulders and back are numb in a way,like they are no longer there...sounds weird but really struggling to explain it. Ive had numbness in my hands and arms before, but never felt like my back and shoulders no longer have sensation, was really freaking me out. I started dwelling on it and i noticed i started feelin like i was going to faint and that everything was spaced out, so first two days down here were awful.
I was just curious if anyone else had have this strange sensation where you feel numb, it has scared me so much, was a horrible feeling so im planning on goin to doctors soon as i get back, as never had this before so unsure if its anxiety? any reassurance would be great
Thanks
Leanne xxx

meg86
10-09-09, 10:33
Hello :)

Yes this sounds like classic anxiety symptoms to me, i have had numbness, tingling pins and needles in my arms, legs, back, feet, and face. The more you focus on it the more it will happen but rest assured these are anxiety symptoms xx