PDA

View Full Version : Phantom pain under arm...

phoenixashes
10-09-09, 07:34
So, for a while now I have had this pain underneath my left arm. It has been there for a while, and every so often it would feel like there was a lump underneath my arm. I took a big step and went to the doctor (so proud, haha) and she said she couldn't feel any lump under there, and that there was nothing wrong with my breast (which I was also worried about) but also no lump whatsoever she could feel, so she was confident it wasn't the C word because when it's that, the lump doesn't come and go. She suggested shaving under my arms at night when I shower and waiting until the morning to put my deodorant, which I have been doing for... well, not that long, but still for maybe a week. I don't know what's causing this, but it keeps hurting. If it is just clogged pores and/or an infection, how long would it take to go away? I am starting to panic again because it's still there.

Mamfa85
10-09-09, 08:44
HI i get a pain under my arm pit sometimes in my left breast i was sure it was a sign of a bad heart or the c word but it is anxiety,it is strange the aches and pains you can get from anxiety,i know this is hard but carry on doing what your doctor said and try to focus on something else. tc x

kittykat
10-09-09, 09:00
Hi,

I had to answer this as i get this under my right arm. I was in a right state about it thought it was the big C, so went to my doctor who gave me a thorough exam and concluded I was fine. He thought it was hormonal as it comes and goes all the time , I still get it though...... sometimes its fine for a few months then it comes back with a vengeance. All in all ive had it for a while so if it was the big C im sure i'd be really ill by now and id have a lump to show for it. So please dont worry as im sure its similar to what i suffer from i have posted about it i think this is the link......take care and hope this helps xx
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=46806

Cell block H fan
10-09-09, 14:12
Does it come and go? Could be hormonal. I get what I call a 'sensation' under my right arm. Its not even a pain. Just an awareness. I know that probably makes no sense what soever. But I am convinced ive got breast cancer, I also feel there is a lump in my right breast, even though I haven't felt it, wont feel it, refuse to feel it. I'm too scared to. Its just a feeling I get.
But these sensations do come and go, not always seemingly related to periods, but I do wonder if its partly homonal, & partly psychological. As I had the same thing a few years ago for a while x