PDA

View Full Version : floaters

anxious elephant999
10-09-09, 16:16
ive been feeling really bad today so decided to have sleep which i woke from having a panic attack , this got that bad that i was crying and vomiting as was so scared felt like i didnt know who i was or where i was , while i was vomiting i had funny silver like sparkles in front of my eyes ,now 4 hours later i still have them along with some black floaters too im really worried please help

luke1982
10-09-09, 16:22
If you vomited that can put strain on the muscles in the back of the eyes causing the flashing of lights or sparkles, black floaters are very common also.

Jimbo1189
10-09-09, 16:26
Since i had a panic attack 5 weeks ago ive had black floaters in my eyes and they are really annoying, as the post above said throwing up can cause strains on the backs of your eyes, it is highly unlikely that the floaters are anything to worry about without a panic attack so with a panic attack aswell the floaters are a symptom of panic and anxiousness.

anxious elephant999
10-09-09, 16:30
thanx im just scared coz they wont go away

Jimbo1189
10-09-09, 16:34
Yeh i was really frightened when mine came because of vision trouble and everything but mine seem to gradually be fadeing away. I jus kept an eye on mine to make sure that they dont get bigger of more start appearing but so far none, and mine came on after a panic attack :D

Cell block H fan
10-09-09, 16:47
ive been feeling really bad today so decided to have sleep which i woke from having a panic attack , this got that bad that i was crying and vomiting as was so scared felt like i didnt know who i was or where i was , while i was vomiting i had funny silver like sparkles in front of my eyes ,now 4 hours later i still have them along with some black floaters too im really worried please help

Eye strain happens when you vomit.
Have you thought about asking for Diazapam from your doctor (a small dose, maybe 5mg) Because to be so anxious that you are throwing up, is quite severe stress! Diazapam just taken when you are at your most stressed calms you down. I used to just have maybe one or 2 a month at the worst times. I still have about 6 in the cupboard, out of a pack of 10 I was given a year ago.

Madeleine
10-09-09, 16:54
Hi folks,

I was speaking with a doctor today about this cos my vision keeps going blurry and I get speckles too. She said it's because your pupils are dilating so your peripheral vision is heightened, therefore you notice loads of things around you including the way your vision has changed, speckles n all!

Hope this helps.

Madeleine.x

anxious elephant999
10-09-09, 16:54
doctor did give me some but they made me feel like a zombie so dont like taking them

Marilyn27
10-09-09, 17:01
if it makes you feel any better i get them all the time. usually after coughing (pressure behind the eyes) sometimes even if i get up too fast. they are a bit freaky, but they will always go away eventually. even though in that time the longer they are there the more anxious you get about them. lol

Cell block H fan
10-09-09, 17:07
doctor did give me some but they made me feel like a zombie so dont like taking them

Whats the dose of them? I was given 10mg ones a few years ago, & they would make me feel quite drunk! I needed them as I was pretty much suicidal at the time though! That was mainly pmt induced though, I was on another planet with pmt in those days. But since then they lowered the dose (without telling me) & I didn't mind to be honest, as its rare I use them, cant remember the last time. But the 5mg dose just takes the edge off the anxiety when its at its peak, & would stop that vommiting. My sisters husband vomits if he gets a shock. Some people are more prone to it I guess.

ziggy95
10-09-09, 17:14
I had a really bad anxiety attack one morning and have had weird sparkles and floaters ever since...
been to multiple doctors and opthormologists who all say it is nothing but could be related to occular migraines...
mine calm down a little if i can breath slowly and get my ehart rate to go down a little...

anxious elephant999
10-09-09, 17:33
hi cell block h fan i only had tabletsof 2mg and i cut that in half and it still made me feel funny so i have no hope , and now i darnt go back to sleep in case i wake up in a panic again , but im so tired and have to close my eyes coz of the dizziness , what am i going to do

luke1982
10-09-09, 17:43
Iv got 10mg of them too make me feel like im on another planet first time i tried them i literally crawled up the stairs and threw myself into bed was quite scary at first but they really do take the edge off of things