PDA

View Full Version : Dosulepin - Good Or Bad

Leicester1977
10-09-09, 16:29
Hi
I've been perscribed DOSULEPIN for IBS (diarhea mainly) & anxiety (Ii also had a panic attack on the underground earlier this year) I started on 75mg a night started fine for 4-5 weeks then felt bad again anxious & lots of diarhea, dizzy, thick head my doctor has upped me to 125mg for last 3 weeks but still edgy so they upped me to 150mg a night - it helps me sleep but withing a week I've been on the toilet 100 times felt more anxious than ever having flashbacks on all the bad points in my life -feeling Zombified & living on my nerves & I have this numbing headache. Could this be the tablets or is it my anxiety getting worst - could one be fuelling the other?

Any ideas? - advice

Lima
27-09-09, 15:54
I've been taking Dosulepin (150mg) for quite a while now. Never had a bad experience with it, but come to think of it, I don't think it's really helping either!!! No side effects or problems though.

Lima x

pollyanna
27-09-09, 18:53
Hi

I have been taking dosulepin, 150-225mg for 17 years, the only problems that i have ever had with it, include sweating, dry mouth and constipation, I have IBS too, I also take propranolol for anxiety and have used that for years too. I take them once i am in bed otherwise i can feel a bit out of it.

Maybe a good idea to go back to your dr and talk it over with them.

hope you start to feel better soon

P x