PDA

View Full Version : Is this derealization/anxiety?

ashlynyoyohelp
10-09-09, 16:33
july 4th, i had a strange feeling of things seeming as if i was in a movie and i lost my general sense of time and i didnt reconize my voice or mouth. i am frightened because i have felt this for about two months and i am losing hope and i have fallen into a state of suicidal dpression... things dont make sense, i have some short term memory and the little things that made me happy dont anymore... so tell me, is this anxiety or a head injury? why did it come on so suddenly without warning? :weep:

Madeleine
10-09-09, 17:12
Hi Ashlyn,

Are you on any meds or have you had anxiety/panic before?

Madeleine.x

Chris 22
10-09-09, 17:18
Hiya. Have you been to your GP about this yet?. I

Marilyn27
10-09-09, 17:26
hey ashlyn,

have you been to your doctor? with my own personal experiance with depersonalization/derealization it sounds very familar to me. sometimes your body doesnt even feel like your own.

like when im driving or even right now, while im typing, i look down at my hands and they seem odd to me. like they are just there, and im watching them, but i feel detached from them. like you said, like im watching a movie,

as for the short term memory and stuff, perhaps you are so consentrated on your fear (anxiety) and the deralization its hard for stuff to get in your head and stick. you could tell me something 5 times while im going through one of my episodes and i will have to ask you what you said because i was there but i 'wasnt' there. does that make sense?

i definatly recommend you go talk to your doctor and see if there is anythign they can do to help you.

you are not alone!! trust me. :)

Madeleine
10-09-09, 17:48
Hi Marilyn,

Would you mind if I asked you what meds you are on if any?

Madeleine.x

Marilyn27
10-09-09, 17:53
yup! lol same as you, celexa (cilitropram or however you spell it lol) im only on 20mg though. i fought my doctor tooth and nail because i didnt want to go on anything. ive been on it for about 2 and a half years now.

how long have you been on yours for?