PDA

View Full Version : some tips from my cbt (emetophobia)

sweetypie
10-09-09, 20:25
well my cbt said today that when i get home and when im ready i should go on the net and looked for vomiting videos
within a few days i should see its not so bad so any way iv been sat her half an hour watching people vomit and realizing its not so bad but it is making me actually feel sick now lol
any way hes tought me how to make fake vomit as well

any way this watching the whole people throw up is hard at first i had to keep pausing it but once i got watching it the only thing that scares me is the renching i but if your strong enough just try it im trying my hardest to fight this fear

sweetypie
11-09-09, 20:09
beeen watching alot of videos of people vomiting its left me a bit distressed today last night i shrugged it off and though it wasnt so bad but im already worrying so tonight im guna give it a miss its actually making me feel sick

Angelai
15-09-09, 17:49
hi sweetypie, well done you for doing this :yesyes:

I've had 3 sessions of cbt now, but we're still deciding what to concentrate on :wacko: :wacko: the emetophobia or panic attacks or general anxiety blah blah. I'm not sure this is normal, others on here seem to have been thrown right in at the deep end?

Good luck xxx

Button
16-09-09, 14:58
Hi. The retching is an interesting one. Every morning and evening when I clean my teeth it makes me retch a couple or few times and actually if I feel nauseous already, it makes me feel better!!! Although I am never sick.

Cat80
18-09-09, 16:55
I had about 5 weeks of CBT. The first 2 sessions were deciding if to concentrate of the GAD, emetophobia or panic. In the end we decided on emetophobia. I gave up after 5 weeks because my CBT therapist wanted me to stop the anti nausea tablets. She also says she doesn't do the watching videos of people being sick etc as that usually makes people worse, what she does is retrain the brains way of thinking. I gave up in the end as I had 18 months of counselling mixed in with some CBT and it didn't do anything for me.

I can see other people being sick on tv anyway but it's me being sick that bothers me not other people so much.

Wishing you loads of luck sweetypie, really hope it works for you