PDA

View Full Version : Headaches? serious problem?

Jimbo1189
10-09-09, 21:22
How long can muscle twitches last because ive had a twitch in my left arm for about 4 or 5 hours now, it doesnt hurt but its really annoying and making me worried considering i had an awful headache last night aswell. Its making me wonder wheter the two are connected????????????? Also i went to bed with a really bad headache last night and today when i bend over i get an intense throbbing pain in the front left of my head??????? HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

luke1982
10-09-09, 21:29
Twitching can happen for a variety of reasons and id say allot of people on here have had similar experiences judging from many posts about the subject.
Common reasons are fatigue (if you had a bad night sleep the night before due to your headache). Dehydration if you have not drunk enough fluids.
And when I had a personal experience of extreme twitching it was due to withdrawal of medication i was on, I was on a type of benzodiazepine to help me sleep. I had been on them for three months and stopped suddenly causing extreme twitching.

So if anyone is experiencing twitching and they have just stopped a type of medication they were used to I can bet that this is the reason for it.

Wouldnt worry about your twitching too much its very common

Jimbo1189
10-09-09, 21:48
Ok but what about the throbbing head when i bend over ????? Isnt this a sign of raised intercranial pressure????? Its happened with my migraines before but the headache i got last night i didnt have no visual aura which i normally get..Its sending me insane with worry!!!

luke1982
10-09-09, 21:49
Try not to worry honestly I doubt its anything serious, drink plenty of fluids and try have a goods night sleep if its still there tomorrow and it still worrys you go see your local gp to put your mind at ease :)

Jimbo1189
10-09-09, 21:52
Cheers for persevering i know ive been like this all day on and off of here, i just want to be normal again when im not worried about everything all the time

anx mum
10-09-09, 21:55
Hi hun like u im worried sick too had headaches now for over 3 weeks feel like i been hit on head so sore was admitted 2 hospital on friday had ct scan mri scan and bloods all come bk normal im thinking whats going on?

luke1982
10-09-09, 21:55
Dont worry mate we all go through times like this. It was only yesterday i decided to go to the doctors over worrys i had for about two weeks, they had driven me insane. Anyway doctor checked me out gave me a physical examination and I was fit and healthy, I had convinced myself I had something terribly wrong with me like cancer or something, but sometimes the simplest answers and reasons are the real ones.
Seriously I was obsessed with my health I kept poking at my glands in my groin thinking I had tumours growing there or something ridiculous.
Going to the doctors was the best thing I did to put my mind at ease, plus they gave me some nice drugs that make me feel like im on the moon!