PDA

View Full Version : driving...

tasia
10-09-09, 22:41
ive had a very very busy day ive had to do so many things and have been under alot of stress that tonight when i took my daughter (who was late) for her hair appointment down the road in the car as I came to a junction I had a total brain storm as I was turning i couldnt remember what side of the road I was supposed to be on, after a couple of seconds I remembered but this really freaked me out as this has happened before at traffic lights when ive got totally confused and have had to think red is stop green is go... Ive been driving for over ten years its not like im a learner...has this happened to anybody else and is it because of having so many things to do....please answer anybody...xx

JohnLuke300
11-09-09, 00:00
Hi tasia,

Panic can effect the ability to think analytically. You can go into a state of confusion and it becomes virtually impossible to work out the most simple of things. It can also effect your memory. I suffer from this often. Once I was at a train station and went into panic, I could not work out how to read the timetable even though I had done it plenty of times before. It just made no sense to me so I got on the first train that pulled in. It was the wrong train.

Hope that helps

John

tasia
11-09-09, 11:23
Hi John,

Thankyou so much for your reply. Yes it has helped alot...when that happens to me it does frighten me alot, as I think im loosing my mind or there is something wrong with my brain and im getting altzheimers or something lol...again thankyou I feel alot better now. xx