PDA

View Full Version : Is it ok for your pulse to go to 67?

looking4answers
10-09-09, 22:41
Im worried.. The doctors upped my beta blocker by about twice since my BP was so high the other day.. Just to be on the safe side..Now my pulse stays about anywhere from 67 to 71 during the daytime where it used to be 76 to 85 . .

At night it also stays about 69-71 is this ok?

kazzie
10-09-09, 22:47
Thats cool:D

I enrolled at the gym the other day and my resting pulse was 78 and they said that was upper end of normal:yesyes:

So your reading sounds ok to me but must point out Im not a doctor!!

Luv Kaz x x x:D

xBettyBoopx
10-09-09, 22:51
Hi Looking

I would say that's perfectly normal seeing as your doc has put you on beta-blockers which will bring your heart rate down.

I know you are worried, you could see the doc again to reassure you.

Love
Els

looking4answers
10-09-09, 22:52
Well its said that 60-100 resting pulse is ok. But mine has been 76 to 85 for so long its just weird that its so low but im taking more beta blocker than I used to. I guess im just worried.. I feel a little weird but that could be just because I have laid around in the last month alot.

Actually I have always been a bit paranoid when taking a new medicine and upping the dose of my old ones makes me a little nerous as what the affects could be..

SueBee
10-09-09, 22:53
i've read before that anywhere between 60 and 100 is normal. I'd say your meds are working a treat :)

looking4answers
10-09-09, 22:54
Elspeth,

Think I would rather live wih the lower pulse than go back to the doctor..

I had a massive panic attack the other day in the office. Not only am I afraid of a repeat im embarrassed a little.