PDA

View Full Version : Please, help me, I'm afraid I'm going mad.

ashlynyoyohelp
11-09-09, 01:59
I'm afraid i am losing my mind, i expierinece strange "dream-like" episodes and i have no hope. i sometimes have hallucination-like episodes after waking up but last very quick. everything seems chaotic and timeless, for i have no sense of time now. when i think back on the day i figure it may as well not have happened because my memory is not as vivid. I feel as though someone stole my happiness and everything seems forriegn, even myself. i feel like the world doesnt exist and i am alone with my thoughts. and i see strange figures sometimes and i feel like my life has stopped, that i have stopped living. this is too much! what am i to do! i am becoming suicidal because my suffering is almost immesurable., hard to explain, and i loose all hope some nights and try to strangle myself. I can not live with myself and i am almost sure i am going mad. i weep everynight and i have secluded myself. no one seems to have an answer to some symptoms i have and i cant live like this any more.

LisaLisa
11-09-09, 15:36
Hey i thinki answered another of your posts.

I have felt just like this a few years ago and Sertraline fixed it wuite well. The dr prescribed it to me and i told them everyhting that was happening and it was almost identical to what you are describing. One of the symptoms was think i was going mad.

One thing to remember is that when you are depressed..properly depressed and not just feeling down....your emotions run riot and are innappropariate and occur at odd times in response to normal things in a very odd way. At the time i thought i was halucinating to but when i got better i reaslised that i wasnt seeing things just emotionaly reacting to everything so strongly and innapropriately that it made me feel sick to my stomach. The emotions i felt were like absolute dusgust at something random like.......my nan iron my work shirt for me and she missed out an arm becuase she is old... but when i looked at it it made me feel sick and repulsed...very odd....that then made me freak right out that i had felt this way. My cat scared me too......cant even begin to explain that one!!

But the essential thing i hope comforts you is that your mind is absoluely intact!! Its the emotional response thats mucked up not your intellegence or rationale thinking....just your emotions...

I used to think about suicide too, but only becuae it kind of comforted me to think that there was an escape if i needed it, it seemed to calm me down. But really i think that it was just my mind finding a way to calm me down .

Please see your dr you dont need to go through this clinical problem at all!! It can be fixed!!

Lisa
xxxxxxxxx

ashlynyoyohelp
11-09-09, 21:25
thanks so musch for replying. you have no idea how releived i am. ive seen my doctor and he didnt perscribe meds because i am very young and unable to take them.

but knowing that you expeirience things nearly the same way i do, i am calmed and i hope i can discuss this with you more.

Wee-Mee
12-09-09, 00:20
Agreed,that depression is more than just feeling down. And it can wreck havoc and the body and mind.

:( I am sorry you are going through this, I have had the strange hallucination type things you speak of,usually at night,I think I see figures and such and I've even heard voices! The only difference would be I knew they weren't real etc but bloody frightning.

PLEASE get help if you are suicdal. You say you are very young?Are you stll in school?Talk to a teacher or someone? I know in my old school they actually had a councellor service for people to talk to about things. xxxxx

LisaLisa
15-09-09, 10:43
thanks so musch for replying. you have no idea how releived i am. ive seen my doctor and he didnt perscribe meds because i am very young and unable to take them.

but knowing that you expeirience things nearly the same way i do, i am calmed and i hope i can discuss this with you more.

Ashlyn

Im sorry i just saw your reply to this. Of course if you want to talk im here!

Yes we seem to have had similar symtoms completely! Im worried about your dr not prescribing anything , are you very young? What else are they going to do to help you with this? They have a duty to help you.

My dr didnt prescribe me anything to begin with becuae he didnt seems to understand or perhaps beleive how bad i felt and unfortunatley it greatly delayed me getting better.

Have you explained to your dr that you are feeling suicidal? I went to to another dr instead after that and got a much different reception.

Lisa
xxxx:hugs: