PDA

View Full Version : So Scared... Is This Anxiety/Derealization?

ashlynyoyohelp
11-09-09, 02:31
Please help i am scared! I am suffering from suicidal depression because of this. I weep every night. here are a list of my symptoms. please note that i went on a very violent rollercoaster 2 days before my first panic attack and i have had these symptoms for 2 months now. i am wondering if this is just regular anxiety or a serious brain issue? Please answer me even if you dont know :weep:

-headaches
-stabbing pains in chest, stomach, and head
-shortness of breath
-diffuculty swallowing
-tingling in arms and face
-right side of face feels numb
-off task easily
-short term memory (only occasional)
-hot flashes
-dizziness
-squirmishness
-feeling as though i am in a movie or everything is in a dream-like state
-sometimes overcome by panic
-poor organization
-"spacing out" frequently
-twichting
-mood swings
-waking up in night
-blurred vision

Anything you can tell me will help. i have been on St. john's wort (happy pills) and Samilisan both hemeopathic as well as vitamin C. I am scared out of my mind!

kaikorcha3
11-09-09, 09:50
Ive just read you other post as well re the hallucinations etc .. sounds like you are suffering from severe depression and maybe depersonalisation . i would go see your doctor as soon as possible and if you havent already get them to put you in touch with a psychiatrist or counsillor ..
Dont suffer alone . talking to someone will help you understand your feelings whilst you are sat at home worrying about everything you are only making matters worst .
Good luck
Kaikorcha xx

PanicOver!!
11-09-09, 09:56
Hi I get just about all yhose symptoms and have beed diagnosed with GA
I have just started CBT and it is certainly helping

Best wishes

kaikorcha3
11-09-09, 09:57
This may sound dumb but whats CBT ???

PanicOver!!
11-09-09, 10:00
Sorry

Cognative Behavior Therapy (counciling) you are asked to slowly address and challenge your fears and step by step they become less threataning

As i said it is working for me

hope i have explained it OK

LisaLisa
11-09-09, 10:30
Hi

Please go to your dr. No one should deal with that alone without proper help. If you are feeling or thinking in anyway suicidal , your dr really needs to know.

From what you have described, i too have had all these symptoms with my anxiety problems. Sometimes when a person gets so anxious they can feel suicidal, so its okay to admit this to a dr becuae it happens to alot of people, me too.

When i first started to get ill with panic and anxiety it came out of nowhere i thought. I thought at the timet that my first panic attack was caused by an incident that happened in the job i was doing at the time that involved a lot of conflicting situations with the general public and a lot of personal risk. Before my panic attack i was dealing with a person who was high on glue and was driving in the car with them when it came on. Well of course i thought that it was the glue that had damaged my brain!?!?!?

But it has to start somewhere, so maybe the rollercoaster is not to blame.

Please go see your doc and let them give you a hand to get through this, its totally normal to go through this kind of thing and very common !!

Lisa
xxxxx:hugs:

kaikorcha3
11-09-09, 11:49
Sorry

Cognative Behavior Therapy (counciling) you are asked to slowly address and challenge your fears and step by step they become less threataning

As i said it is working for me

hope i have explained it OK

Thankyou . i hadnt heard of it before. im a newbie so not well up on the abbreviations that keep popping up. lol :)

ashlynyoyohelp
11-09-09, 21:30
thanks you all! you have no idea how much that helps me!

barbn
11-09-09, 22:13
Usually when you first find yourself depressed or in the middle of an anxiety attack of course it scares the you know what out of you and you think you are the ONLY one in the world going through this! Well, at least I did. I have to agree with everyone else - it sounds like depression and anxiety to me....of course none of us are Dr's that I know of so you are best to go and see your own GP. There is help out there....I can't tell you how much better I have been feeling with the right medication and therapy!

marcc64
11-09-09, 22:50
Wow I have pretty much all those symptoms.

ashlynyoyohelp
11-09-09, 23:23
what significance is the link??

thanks marcc64. What do you do about it? anyone??

SocialTool
11-09-09, 23:30
I can tell you that I had all of those symptoms when I had my breakdown a year ago. For a week straight I barely slept or ate. One thing you must tell yourself is that YOU WILL GET BETTER! I look back to the way my life was then and to now, and I can say that through therapy and medication, I am 80% back to normal. It's just taking that first step and saying tht you will fight this.

As far as what I do about my symptoms...well now that I have had a year's worth of therapy, I have learned to treat everything as just a plain old ailment. I also try to come up with reasons why I might have that ailment. For example, I have pain in my legs. Well, I probably did something silly at work or I might have some something stupid like pinched a nerve...I do have an annoying back problem...after that I dismiss it...your body will know when it needs "help"...trust me....just hang in there and try to relax...i know it's easier said than done.

ashlynyoyohelp
12-09-09, 02:00
thank you all! :D