PDA

View Full Version : Burning Esophagus, Please Help.

girlrock
11-09-09, 06:37
Hey Everyone,

I've been doing really well recently so I haven't been posting too much. I just got engaged so I've been doing lots of wedding planning. But I do have a symptom that is worrying me a little and just need some reassurance. I take Protonix (40mg) for acid reflux daily (which is also a high dose apparently according to the medical assistant last time I told her my medication list). But recently, I have been getting heartburn later in the evening even though I took my medication. Also, recently I was drinking a wine cooler and one certain flavor was fine and then I switched to another (pineapple) and it burned soooo bad I ended up lying awake for quit some time after it (and only about 2 sips of it!). I kind of forgot about that but then tonight I was just drinking a soda (I don't drink it often) and it's kind of burning my esophagus. But then other times I can drink a soda and be perfectly fine. I used to love pineapple as well but it burns me now too.

I'm just freaking out a little because a few months ago there was a special on here in the USA about a movie star (Patrick Swayze) who had pancreatic cancer. He said he found out that he had it because he had champagne with his wife on New Year's Eve and it burned like acid going down and he just "knew something was wrong." So I can't stop thinking about it!!!! I'm trying to study for a big test I have this weekend so I can get my teaching certification :( Any kind words, reassurance, or "I've had that" comments would really help me out right now. Thanks all! :bighug1:

Welsh.Baz
11-09-09, 08:47
I get that with the acid reflux, it's very sodding annoying, sometimes it's just stuff in what you eat and drink that makes it ten times worse than normal, i'd say it's nothing to worry about.