PDA

View Full Version : Contstant headache and now numbness in face ?

sarah jayne
11-09-09, 07:51
Hi, ive been having constant headaches for a month now. Ive had blood tests and they came back fine. My doctor thinks its either a tension headache or its refered pain from my neck ( i have 3 slipped disks). Last night after tea i was sat on the sette watching tv and my headache was there as usaul when i noticed that part of my face had gone numb, its still the same this morning ! Its at the left hand side near my nose, it feels a bit like when ive had an injection at the dentist ! Obviously im very worried about this. Is this serious and will it go ? Please hep.....:huh:

Rod
11-09-09, 08:24
I get the numbness in the Face as well. It doesnt worry me as much now days, but it did at first. Its to do with breathing apparently. Breathing to fast and shallow. Yawning is another symtom related to breathing.

The numbness goes to my shoulder as well as down my arm. It can go away for weeks at a time but then it comes back. I get head aches as well. I have had all the tests done at the Doctors and they always come back clear.

I know I have anxiety and I know how to deal with it. I know it cant hurt me. But it doesnt make it any easier. I try and not let any symptom stop me doing what I have to or want to do. I have been reading Dr Weekes books and they put it in perspective.

I find as you get used to a symtom another one takes its place keeping us on total edge.

Hope you feel better.:)

sarah jayne
11-09-09, 08:37
I totally agree. Ive sort of got used to this headache, but now this has happened ! I wasnt breathing any different when it happened, i havent had a panic attack in days. Ive just started reading ' self help for your nerves' by Dr Claire Weekes so i hope it will help me understand these awful symptoms i keep having....x:unsure:

den68
11-09-09, 12:09
i got numbness in my face and arm and everything was fine. But my gp did do tests to check it out and i would always say see your gp with any symptom that is new just as a precautionary measure