PDA

View Full Version : Is it normal for them to hurt?

kimberleyjane1986
11-09-09, 12:35
Hi there

I get palpitations most days but sometimes i'll get a big one where my heart suddenly goes THUD and it hurts for a split second, which is kind of scary....is this a normal symptom? I had an ECG last year which all came back normal.

Thanks

Kim

cricketjar
11-09-09, 12:40
Hi Kim

Mine dont hurt as such they just make me jump and take my breath away a bit. Nonetheless they scare me no end. Do you take anything for them?

James

kimberleyjane1986
12-09-09, 20:17
No I don't...doctor says they're just anxiety related and as my ECG was clear there wasn't much else he could help me with....just told me the usual, evoid caffeine, get plenty of sleep, exercise etc....trouble is I can't exercise cos it sets them off....they just get pretty scary when they hurt.

AngelKah2
05-10-09, 20:19
Mine don't really hurt, but sometimes I'll get pains elsewhere after the occur. I've had 2 EKGs, wore a holter monitor for a week, had an echocardiogram done, chest x-ray, etc and all came back normal last year. I take a beta-blocker for my elevated heart rate because I can never calm down. It's so frustrating! :doh:

johnbyrum
08-10-09, 22:30
I too get thuds all the time especially when I stand up after sitting for a while or suddenly forcing myself, I am starting to get used to them as it has been over one year they have started and i guess there is nothing wrong with them. Although I also worried whenever they happened but now I just don't pay too much attention, instead I say oh there it goes again :D

chrissie1951
10-10-09, 00:43
Hello Kimberly,
I get that too, just a flash of pain. I've had all the tests and although they showed I get alot of ectopics all the tests are normal....it's still scary though when it happens. I hope this helps.

cloudyskies
24-10-09, 16:46
i've been actually been wondering about this myself. Sometimes they have caused a slight pain when the thud occurs, but they don't happen all the time, just sometimes. I can completely understand your concern though, but if you already have had your heart checked and no abnormalities were found, you need to just try to ignore them, i know better said then done.