PDA

View Full Version : Whats happening 2 me

anx mum
11-09-09, 18:12
Feel so scared had a constant headache for over 3 weeks now been in hospital had ct scan mri test and bloods and lumbar test all come bk normal. Should b pleased but keep thinking docs have missed summat really scared as lost my mum 3 years ago 2 a brain bleed any advice please:weep:

nomorepanic
11-09-09, 18:23
They won't have missed anything with all those scans.

Did they not tell you it was a tension headache?

angietomjimandcass
11-09-09, 18:26
I had tension headache for a month, try to relax xx

anx mum
11-09-09, 18:31
yeah either a tension headache or some sort of migrine getting really worried cos always there even in neck and shoulders moves round head.

anx mum
11-09-09, 18:32
did u what did it feel like?

nomorepanic
11-09-09, 18:42
A guy at work has had one for about a month too and he has improved his posture when sat at his desk and said he has stopped slouching on the settee at home and it has gone now.

anx mum
11-09-09, 18:45
Thanx do u think it sounds like a tension headache my neck aches aswell just really scared.

nomorepanic
11-09-09, 18:55
He said his was the back of his neck too so I guess it is very common

Mich1111
11-09-09, 20:27
Hi Anx mum

I suffer with headaches, shoulder and neck pain like you describe.
I was so tense I kept going dizzy. I went to see an oesteopath and he has given my exercises to do and also corrected my posture.

Since I have been sitting/standing correctly the pain has really improved. I hardly feel dizzy and the spaced out feeling I had has gone.

The oesteopath explained that bad posture and being tense tightens all the core muscles in our upper body which can effect a number of things from headaches/neck shoulder pain and even digestive/stomach problems etc.

By pressing certain pressure points/muscles in my neck he could make the headaches intensify in different areas, confirming that its tension caused by muscle tightness rather than anything more sinister.

I don't know if you have an oesteopath near you but I can certainly recommend seeing one its helped me no end.

distorted reality
11-09-09, 21:08
I had the same thing. Mine was a really intense dull ache (Not throbbing headache) at both sides of my head. I'd get dizzy when i moved my head quickly, I had a pain in the base of my skull and it persisted for about 2 months until I corrected my posture and started doing gentle stretches of my neck and back.

distorted reality
11-09-09, 21:08
That was my doctor's suggestion btw

sarah jayne
11-09-09, 21:18
How did you get the doctors to do an mri ?