PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone - very nervous newbie

Bubblegumpixie
11-09-09, 22:22
Hi there. You do not know how much of a
relief it was when the search engine threw up this site when I was searching yet again for an answer to my health anxiety. I am 30 years old and have suffered from anxiety, panic attacks, phobias, paranoia and OCD for as long as I can remember. There are so many elements to the afore mentioned troubles that I would be here all night but when suicide became one of my only options of a way out of the dread I was feeling, I knew I had some serious issues that needed help. My GP is fantastically supportive and has offered my counselling, pills and a sympathetic ear but when you are in denial and scared to take pills it doesn't get past the "talking about getting help" stage. After a huge panic attack tonight that was brought on by a nosebleed I can't take anymore. I need to change, to get better, for my children, my husband and for me. I've missed out on so much and made my beautiful children miss out on so much. And my poor husband who is a saint for putting up with me, must want a wife who isn't the way I am (he has never complained though!).
Thank you for being here. X

bellabessnjet
11-09-09, 22:38
Hi bubblegumpixie,
I'm a newbie to, but this site has shown me I'm not alone. I might not be able to give much advice but this site is full of fab info, support and most of all people going through what you are. one of the only things that keep me going is my son and husband (he too has been very supportive). So keep going I've had a good day today, the first in around 12 weeks, so if I can feel a bit brighter anyone can.
Good Luck
Angela

FroggyPrince
13-09-09, 09:45
Hi Pixie, :welcome: to no more panic :D

Paul (Froggy)

Bubblegumpixie
17-09-09, 11:06
Hi everyone! Thank you all so much for the warm welcome. It is such a relief being amongst such friendly, helpful people. Thanks guys! I hope that one day I can help others too. H xxx

sarah jayne
17-09-09, 13:28
hi, im sure you will find laods of help and advice here. Ive been a member for about a month and its helped me loads xxx:welcome:

Veronica H
17-09-09, 15:15
:welcome: to NMP. Glad that you have found us.

Veronica