PDA

View Full Version : Hi! I'm new!

jotom
22-10-05, 13:40
Hi, I'm Jo! What a website:D

I have suffered from panic disorder for 13 years - first attack happened whilst on holiday in the carribean - 6 months after my dad died unexpectedly.

Wont bore you all with the details of the last 13 years - many of the usual ups and downs that we all have to deal with!

My main problem now is the obsession I have with any kind of 'different' feelings that happen in my body - numbness/shakes/tingling/pain - I convince myself that I'm at the very least having a heart attack/stroke/ brain haemmorhage. I know that this is totally irrational but when in the throes of a panic, nobody can talk sense to me!!

Anyway, my GP decided that CBT would be good for me and after being on the waiting list for 8 months, I have my first session on Monday morning. After reading other members stories from this site, I think this could be exactly what I need.

So glad I found this site - and thanks for reading![8D]

Jo

vernon
22-10-05, 13:55
Hi Jo and welcome to the site, I hope the CBT helps you and you will get plenty of help and support here too. take care. Vernon

dream
22-10-05, 14:15
hi jo
welcome to this site
take care
denisexx

denise

clickaway
22-10-05, 17:56
Welcome aboard Jo

Let us know how you get on Monday.

Sounds like a good avenue to go down!

Cheers,

Ray

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

seh1980
22-10-05, 18:30
Welcome aboard!! :D

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

alexis
22-10-05, 19:24
Hi Jo, looking forward to hearing from you on Monday, take care, love Alexis,xxx

Alexis

Karen
22-10-05, 19:25
Hi Jo

Welcome to the forum.

Glad to hear you are going to be starting CBT which is beneficial to many people with anxiety and panic issues.

Let us know how you get on.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

pinkscrumpy
22-10-05, 20:49
Hi Jo

Welcome to the site

:D:D

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
Will I ever be free?
Wake me up from this nightmare.
Please just give me the key!

jill
23-10-05, 11:47
Hi Jo

WELCOME TO THE SITE :D

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

tracyp584
23-10-05, 13:59
Hey Jo,

Welcome to the site,

tracy x x

Every time you avoid your fears they become stronger,every time you face your fears they become weaker.

sweatysock
23-10-05, 15:04
hi jo
welcome
the feelings you expressed are the same or similar to most i have had and many others you meet on the site, please let us know how you get on on monday as i am considering the same good luck
will

You do not through a life away just because its messed up a little

nomorepanic
24-10-05, 20:13
Jo

Welcome aboard the forum.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Meg
24-10-05, 21:34
Welcome

Hope the CBT goes well.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Elaine1
26-10-05, 09:39
Hi Jo

Welcome to the site!

Glad to hear you have been referred for CBT!

I have had 6 sessions of CBT and it has turned my world around!

So, go for it!!!

Feel free to pm me if you need any support!

Fingers crossed for you!

All the best

Elaine

Sweep1
26-10-05, 10:31
A big welcome to you. Glad you've found the site useful. Everyone here is so friendly and understanding, they are a huge help.

Take care

Sweep1

3faces
26-10-05, 13:41
Welcome Jo!! :D

Jem xxx

chucklehound
26-10-05, 15:53
Hi Jo and welcome to NMP where you will gets lots of support and

make some new friends too.
:D

Take Care

Chucklehound

xxxx

Tan The Man
26-10-05, 15:57
Hi Jo

Welcome to the site

Take Care
Tan

Incii
26-10-05, 22:53
Hi Jo
welcome to the site, wish you all the best for CBT let us know how it goes, you sound possative and thats always a good thing.

take care
sharon xxxxx