PDA

View Full Version : Have any of you seen this site?

Hears The Water
20-01-04, 05:56
Hi, I was doing another google search the other night and came across this website. It seems to be a place where they have CBT online for free. I am still new to CBT and I was wondering if any of you have been here or would be willing to check it out and let me know what you think. I do not want to waste my time having to un-learn a bunch of stuff because I started doing what I thought was going to help me. Does that make any sense? I am in a financial pinch right now and cannot affort a therapist nor do I have any transportation to one even if I could afford it. So I was hoping to work on it here by myself. Is that do-able? I realy value the opinions of everyone here, (even if they may not be what I want to hear). Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. Here is the link..... http://www.paniccenter.net/
God Bless you and yours
Debbie

kate
20-01-04, 09:55
Hiya Debbie,

After reading your post I visited the web site and have taken the online anxiety test.

As the first part of the course involves a good hour of your time, I am going to leave it until this evening when I have more time to concentrate on it all.

I will let you know what I think about it later on tonight.

Kate x

Meg
21-01-04, 09:14
Hi Debbie,

Its solid CBT stuff. They make their money by selling the anonymised aggregated data from all the forms you have to fill in.

Anxious thoughts forms, panic attack forms, progress forms , weekly forms . If you have the time to plough through it all I think it's helpful.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

kate
21-01-04, 09:17
Hiya Debbie,

I agree with Meg, it is very like what I did at CBT with the psychologist.

It IS heavy going, but well worth it!

Kate x

benoo5
21-01-04, 17:50
hi debbie,

it looks like a good professional site.

if you have the time,i would say,go for it...can only do good...best wishes..bryan.

sadie
21-01-04, 22:18
Hi Debbie,

I have just had a look at this site too and It does look really good. I may have a go myself, it wont do any harm and hopefully do some good!!

Take care

sadie

Hears The Water
22-01-04, 02:42
Thank you all for your input. I realy appreceate it. I think I will have a go at it!!
God bless you and yours
Debbie

bananarbabe
23-01-04, 05:11
Hi Debbie,

I know you're tight on funds but have you thought about giving self-help books a try? When I was home for the holidays, I didn't have the opportunity to consult with a psychologist so I took matters into my own hands and read a number of self-help books about anxiety and panic. Although alone these books aren't meant to substitute seeking professional help, they can help you understand what you're going through and provide small suggestions and tips on what you can do to take care of yourself.

Chris

Charlotte
23-01-04, 11:36
Hi guys,

Another great website is www.paniccure.com

There are some really useful CBT methods on there. I have found the website really helpful!

Love
Charlotte xx

stimpy
23-01-04, 23:35
Well here's the good news I have panic disorder! *Cheers*

I have to admit I did find it interesting.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx

[:p] Panic Monster & Scatty Eccentric

benoo5
23-01-04, 23:37
hi charlotte,

the site you recommend,is one of the best available.

ive been finishing off my medical training,for the past few years...and each term,ive had to write a medical paper,that is not concerned with general medicine...my las paper was called..pizza and panic..and although,ive not been marked on it yet,i know that thanks to your site,i will be marked high.

anyone reading this..go to paniccure..you wont regret it...best wishes..bryan.

mico
24-01-04, 12:55
I had a look at the site you recommended charlotte and it looks very good, very positive. Haven't really had time yet to really look into it yet but I'm going to.

Panic centre looks pretty good too.

thanks for posting the links.

mico