PDA

View Full Version : Constant headaches

anx mum
12-09-09, 11:00
Hi god im so scared:weep: been getting constant headaches for 4 weeks now been admitted 2 hospital cos they were that bad. Have had various tests lumbar punture, mri, andf ct scan all come bk normal. Starting 2 think what the hells going on really scared:weep: doc has said these could b tension headaches but would they go on for this long? Has anyone had tension headaches need someone 2 talk 2.

luke1982
12-09-09, 11:05
Hey anx mum if your tests such as mri and ct came back clear then you have nothing to worry about. Tension headaches can last for a couple of minutes up to days and even weeks iv had them before and some lasted quite a long time.
I had a brain scan about the same time (for something else though) and they said it would of showed up in that if there was anything organic causing it. For me stress and lack of sleep caused mine.
But even something like coming off of caffeine can cause it believe it or not, I was drinking up to 20 mugs of coffee a day and then cut down to just one in the matter of a day or two and that too left me with severe headaches.
I would try not to worry anx mum it will only prolong the headache and cause more worry thus causing it to last even longer, I know its hard but try and concentrate on something else, something you enjoy doing and remember drink plenty of fluids :)

anx mum
12-09-09, 11:11
Thanks luke what head scan did u have? Just getting really worried cos been there for a month now also my mum died of a brain bleed 3 years ago so thinking all sorts. Would the mri of picked it up?

suzy-sue
12-09-09, 11:28
I used to get headaches that lasted for weeks ,it was due to the contraceptive pill I was taking .As soon as I changed it they stopped .I dont know if you are on the pill but could this be a possible cause ? Hope you feel better soon ,I understand how awful it can be ,you have my sympathy ..If you are stressing about something it makes you tense ,that could add to the problem.If something was not right it would have been picked up with the tests ...TAKE CARE luv SUE XX:D

luke1982
12-09-09, 11:30
Yeah if it was anything organic it would of picked it up anx.
I never actually heard back about my results so im assuming they didnt find anything, that was over 9 months ago now though and im feeling fine today.
I thought all sorts back then I was scared they might find a tumor some how.
But really the simplest of answers tend to be the right ones.
It must of been really difficult when your mum passed away but remember what she had is not hereditary.
I cant remember the type of scan I had, I was on a bed thing and it moved in and out and the thing above me made lots of noise and had lots of lights if that helps lol I didnt really enjoy it

anx mum
12-09-09, 11:33
Thanks 2 both of u feeling so scared at mo. Just wish headaches would go

luke1982
12-09-09, 11:35
Thats ok anx mum try take it easy your feel better soon :)
Remember if it was anything worse than a headache it wouldnt just be a headache.

randomworry
12-09-09, 15:47
i am having tension headaches going on for months now- please try not to worry too much about it. (should take my own advice). Im different in that i dont fear there is anything wrong with me at all ....just that they will never go away and i will be like this forever.

all the best to you

graham clubman
12-09-09, 18:11
hello Anx, I have had periods in my life were I have headaches / migraines for weeks and yes, they do wear you out. especially when you go to bed and wake up ( if you can sleep that is ) and the pain is still there.
May I share with you a remedy I found after my first nervous breakdown ( due to overwork ) and this has made a difference for me ever since.
The GP was sympathetic but only offered "bombers" that would knock me out. As I wanted to feel 'normal' I declined and kept looking.
I visited a local Natural Remedy shop in a bck street and a chap who I never met came up to me and said I looked like someone who needed a tonic. I must have looked a state, no sleep for a week, unshaved and eyes a nice shade of red.
He showed me a bottle of Bachs Rescue Remedy. A small bottle in a yellow box. I looked at it, then him and thought he must of been joking. "Trust me , it will work, I was like you and it will make a positive difference".
So I took it home, read the instructions and that night had a warm bath, and an hour before I went to bed I dropped four drops on my tongue. As I got into bed I remember my head touching the pillow..........
Two seconds later ( actually ten hours later ) I awoke.
I lay there amazed. I was in no pain. At all. Nothing. My brain felt refreshed and for the first time I felt 'normal'.
Have a word with your GP to see if any medication you are on is OK with Rescue Remedy. Although it is a natural its good stuff. I still use it today when I am run down or in need of a good sleep.
I wish you well.
Graham

anx mum
12-09-09, 18:39
Thanx for ur replys got that resue rememdy stuff hasent done much yet. This headache really getting me down keep fearing the worst.