PDA

View Full Version : First social anxiety now this...

richie-t
12-09-09, 16:05
Hey everyone :)

To try and keep it short, i've suffered from social anxiety ever since i can remember (i'm 26 now). I HATE going out on nights out 'on the lash' and up until about 3 years ago that was the only problem i had. I took seroxat to counter it, and to be fair it did the job well. Once i stop taking it, the problem returned.

Then i had a job i hated and felt dizzy for about 3 months solid. Then one day, my legs started shaking and i was hit by a permanent state of high anxiety. It was one of the most horrible experiences of my life, i couldnt eat and could hardly sleep. I went back on to seroxat to counter it, and after a few weeks of hell it subsided so i could eat. It took many months to feel more normal though.

3 years on, and i was succesfully down to 10mg of seroxat a day and last weekend i had a relapse. Not sure what caused it, but i suddenly felt awful, my chest went ape and i couldnt relax. My main problem is that if i cannot eat, im in danger as i am quite thin anyway. I always get a sort of burning feeling down the middle of my arms, thats one symptom i can never seem to see anyone else having.

I dont worry about everything, so i dont see GAD as the problem which has now hit me. Anyone got any ideas?

all the best

rich (sick to the back teeth of this devil)