PDA

View Full Version : Head rushes at night.

BestMate
13-09-09, 10:04
Hi all, I'm new here and would really welcome some advice from anyone. I have been having head rushes during the day for a while now which I think is due to anxiety as I am a worrier. For the last few months or so I have been getting them at night though when I am asleep, I can also hear my heart beating in my ears at night. I have mentioned it to the Dr and she said anxiety as my blood pressure was very good. Some nights I do not have them but others they can wake me several times. Has anyone else ever heard of this?
Many thanks for listening.

den68
13-09-09, 12:02
yea i got the attacks at night for a while and they scared me half to death because i couldnt understand how i could be worrying whilst asleep. But every test i had came back clear and doc said my mind wasnt at rest even when i was sleeping. Iv been much better latley once i learnt to control them when they happened and not fear them so much. I dont get them often now and hardly ever panic if i do

keleb0709
14-09-09, 04:53
Yup me too. That's how my attacks began! I'm alot better now thanks to doing research and joining sites like this one which has given me a huge understanding of the condition. I think once you learn exactly what it is the 'fear' shrinks to a degree and sleeping gets much easier!
Good luck to you

mystic3178
14-09-09, 10:24
If its like a pulsing feeling, I had it as well. now I don't. It dissapeared after complete rest.

Mystic3178

BestMate
15-09-09, 07:55
Many thank for your replies, I feel better already! Some nights I get them others I don't so I would've thought anything serious would not present like that. Over the past I have had lots of symptoms associated with nerves and anxiety and I too believe when you know what it is it is easier to ride out. Can take some time though. I am no way cured of my panics yet although I have got much better over the years.