PDA

View Full Version : fear of hair falling out, a little reassurance please xx

vikkij21
13-09-09, 12:11
hey,
not been on here for a while, thought i had this under control, apparently not over the past few days my anxiety has come back so strong, although this time is is not a fear of cancer but a fear that my hair is falling out,
just need it to go away, it's not that I have any bald patchs of massive amounts of hair is coming out (maybe 20 - 30 strands after washing and brushing and 2 or 3 almost everytime i run my fingers though, which is about every 2 mins at the mo) my scalp feels tingley, driving me mad, I can't feel like this again.
does anyone else feel like this?, is this a normal amount of hair to be coming out? please help
thanks
vikki xx

sb001f8994
13-09-09, 12:31
Hi Vikki,
I think your hair loss is normal, we shed about 100 hairs aday. I have a problem with mine, my fringe is quite thin now and its because Ive got into the habit of running my fingers through it and pulling out the hairs. I also pull at my eyelashes when Im extremely anxious. There's no magic potion I can take, I just have to get my stress under control and break the habit!
Hope this may ease your anxiety.
Take care
Carol x

PIGGY
13-09-09, 12:35
your hair loss is fine - i lose loads and my plug hole is always full! i suffer from hirsutism so i have male pattern baldness to look forward to!!

and if your scalp is itchy - change your shampoo to something more organic - it's probably this which is irritating your scalp! xxxx

sarah jayne
13-09-09, 13:34
I agree with everyone, your hairloss is normal. My plugs and brushes are always full, we lose lots of hair everyday but its normal and it grows back. My husband is always complaining about it lol. I would change your shampoo, some shampoos irritate my scalp and make it itchy, you could try using a baby shampoo cause they are very mild x

Chrissie21
13-09-09, 17:44
I had this as a really big HA around 10 years ago. The only thing that I could suggest is making sure that your diet is good, I found that the condition my hair seemed to improve after a while on multivitamins. My sister also suffered from this as a big health anxiety issue, and went to see a top tricologist in London. He also advised her to take iron tablets to ensure her hair was healthy. We were both counting our hairs that came out every day. Needless to say both of us still have a full head of hair 10 years later.

vikkij21
13-09-09, 20:20
hey, thanks for all your advise, feeling a bit better now, its just so frustrating, I think i know really that my hair is,'t falling out, but the fear that it is just overpowers any rationalising I have, hopefully tomorrow will be a better day, thanks again.
chrissie21, i have ben doing the hair counting as well, crazy xx