PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to say hello to everyone !

angie3077
20-01-04, 17:50
Hellloooooo! lol

Well I am obviously new here, done 1 post so far and had a couple of replies which were really great actually, I think this place is nice.

Anyway I have been suffering with panic attacks for 4 years now and the last 2 years they have turned in to serious anxiety all the time, the pa's are much easier to deal with now (well....most of the time anyway) but its the terrible thoughts that haunt me every day that I can't really seem to deal with, thats why I went looking for a site like this, so perhaps I could talk with people that are in kinda the same boat as me? because I don't know about any of you but talking about experiences and symptons etc with others that are going through or that have been through it - really seems to help, a little reassurance I suppose? that you are not the only one ?

I am constantly fearing over little aches and pains and thinking something is terribly wrong with me, I suppose you could say I am constantly fearing death......and I really can't get past it !
I know that sounds really stupid but it does interfere so much with life and relationships...becomes a real BIG problem!
Anyway thats a little about me and why I chose to come to this forum, I hope to speak to some of you soon.
Angie x

mico
20-01-04, 18:08
Hi Angie,

The people here are nice, very supportive and positive, always trying to help each other.

Your post makes perfect sense to me and I'm sure most people here will understand your feelings too, most of us feel just the way you do. And like I said everyone is more than willing to help.

Happy posting

mico

Buby
20-01-04, 18:46
hi angie.

we are nice, thanks mico! i am especially lol. No everyone is really nice and we help each other out any way we can. ive had mine for 10 years and they are hell, i know but we have to get on with our lives.

take care and keep posting.

hugs Rachel xx

benoo5
20-01-04, 19:26
hi angie,

its obvious that,your thoughts are being directed by your anxiety...so your aim has to be,to change the negative thoughts,to positive ones...this will not happen over nite...but you have taken,the first step,by posting on here...read as much,as you can...go to the home page,and read about coping...also read charlies article,about anxiety.

start a journal..write down your daily thoughts,and fears...look back in three months time,and ime sure,you will be happy with your progress.

also,use the search facility,at the top right of the page..read about breathing techniques..these are great,as stress busters.

keep posting,get it off your chest..a problem shared,is a problem halfed..best wishes..bryan.

angie3077
21-01-04, 17:24
Hey thanks guys!

I will keep posting !
I am going to start a journal today actually Bryan as this week has been a really bad week so nows as gooder time as any don't you think :)
I absoloutly agree that it is the negative thinking that holds me back from enjoying my life at the moment and I do need to turn these thoughts into positive ones.....its just doing it,its going to be really difficult, even as I am typing this I am sitting here thinking to myself " oh theres no point in trying you will never stop this" - but I know I have to, for my sake and the sake of the people closest to me as I drive them all mad too! but I am getting so fed up with this running my life so something needs to be done sooner rather than later.

Speak again soon
Angie
x

sadie
21-01-04, 20:48
Hi Angie,

Welcome aboard!! You have made the most positive step you will probably ever make on your road to recovery. There is so much help and support here and you will never feel alone again!!

When you have a read around all the different message boards you will soon realise that you are not alone and that there are so many people who experience the exact same thoughts and symptoms as you. I am one of them.

Keep in touch with us all and if you ever want to ask for advice or just have a chat, you know where to find us.

Take care

sadie

red
21-01-04, 21:08
Hi Angie _ Welcome aboard! I have been posting to this forum only for a few weeks and I feel like I know some of the others really well already - they are a great, supportive bunch who know when to say something and when to keep quiet!

I am in the same boat as you and have learned to control it - it is called, I believe, Health Anxiety, where we worry about every little twinge and gurgle in our bodies, thinking about death of us and of others - not nice!

You have, like me, found a refuge in this site and although it is down to us in the long run to help ourselves - you can't beat this kind of support.

Good luck - and if I can help with anything - let me know.

Red
x

BCire
21-01-04, 21:33
Hi Angie,
I'm new here too but i just thought I'd welcome you anyway.I think everyone who suffers from serious anxiety can understand how difficult it can be to do the 'normal' everyday day tasks and how frustrating it can be.Its very important to talk about your problems and distressing symptoms and this forum is the perfect palce for that where you don't have to worry about judgment or stigmatising.Good luck and I hope we'll hear more from you.

Briain

stephen
21-01-04, 21:36
hi Angie. welcome .we really are a very friendly and helpful bunch .i guess because we,re all in "the same boat"but we,re all different as well. i hope you find the site helps you .i,m a relative newbie myself but everyone is so friendly i felt "at home"straightaway .i,m sure you will too! steve.xx