PDA

View Full Version : Motorway driving

peter34uk
13-09-09, 21:54
I avoid driving on the motorway as when I do I feel panicky and want to get off ASAP.

Im afraid ill pass out or something and crash.

I never used to feel like this at all & dont know what has brought it on. Anyone else get this and what did you do about it?

xleannexwrightx
13-09-09, 22:12
Hey hun, i know how u feel...when you get all dazy and spaced out...i find myself slapping myself in the face coz im so scared of fainting! i find what helps is listening to music a bit louder....better yet if u know the song well, so u can sing along to it, put the window down a bit to get some fresh air....once ur distracted by singing it tends to ease a bit, and plus brings your breathing to normal. Hope this helps, something small....but it has made a difference for me.
Hope your ok xx

nomorepanic
13-09-09, 23:06
I had CBT for my driving problems and it really helped.

I can post the link to my thread if you like - it is very long lol

peter34uk
13-09-09, 23:28
oh please post the link. ill read it!

mandie
14-09-09, 22:36
Hi

I get this to.

Like leanne, i have my music on and i sing along as i find this distracts me.

I make sure i have plenty of fesh air.

I have an elastic band on my wrist and when i find myself getting panicky, i ping it and it brings me back again if u no wot i mean!

love mandie x

nomorepanic
14-09-09, 22:52
Here you got Peter - some good tips in there anyway....

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7162

mmichellled
23-02-10, 21:56
That is exactly how I feel. Music, opening the window and shaking my head used to work but now isn't. Recently I have just come off and driven a ridiculously long way instead.

Has anyone been to the doctor for this and do you know if it has implications for driving licence?

diane07
23-02-10, 22:04
mmichellled,

don't go the long way, i understand how bad the anx feels, but giving in to it feeds the anx, it doesn't effect your driving license at all, try getting a relaxtion tape to play in the car, see if it helps.

di xx