PDA

View Full Version : re insomnia

dominique Laura
14-09-09, 00:14
Have been trying to stave off anxeity all day . Am so tired but I dont want to go to bed as when I lay down the panic sweeps over me. My whole body is aching and my jaw is clamped shut. got this a few weeks back and didnt sleep for 3days. i just cant function, dress or do anything. Know i have to get up in the morning and take my son to school and hope he doesnt notice that I havnt slept, i dont want him to know im suffering!!!:weep:

Izzycam
14-09-09, 18:16
Snap, I'm on my third day of reduced sleep, the more I worry about lack of sleep the worse the symptoms get, talk about vicious circle.
Someone gave me a tip.....don't stay in bed laying there if you can't sleep, get up and do something....may be worth a try.

joannap
14-09-09, 18:32
the worst thing you can do is starve off anxiety - its trying to keep it at bay that keeps it going - i find it best to completely accept it - welcome it almost and have a good cry. even when i have been at my worst - i always feel better at some point in the day. try not to worry about not sleeping. when i started on antidepressants i did not sleep much for 10 days. if you don't want to go to bed - how about a sleep on the sofa in the day?