PDA

View Full Version : what does ectopics actually feel like

amandaj
14-09-09, 08:01
my chest since yesterday morning has felt like missing beats and a sinking feeling in my heart , ive had no sleep and im so scared is it ectopics and if so is it normal to have them so long and there comming thick and fast still

amandax

pinktart2009
14-09-09, 08:41
amandaj, have you been to the doctors with these yet.

sandramick
14-09-09, 09:15
hey mand
the more u worry about it the worse it gets !!!! how to stop worrying i dont no sorry . i think u have had tests and things so try not to get anx about it and it should settle down .
:bighug1:
hugs sandra
xxxxxxxxxxx

nomorepanic
14-09-09, 16:52
Amanda

Have you read this page - it may help...

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=palpitations

Dugong
14-09-09, 22:54
Hi Amanda,
I have ectopics and I can tell you what mine feel like. I'm not sure if everybody feels the same thing.
When the first come on there is a feeling of emptyness and a kind of tightness at the same time at the top of my chest just around or under my collarbone. The empiness is usually but not always followed by a thump inside the middle to lower part of my chest.
When I am in a quiet place and I get ectopics I experience a silence in my head as the emptiness feeling occurs, then the hum starts again. it's like putting your ear to a shell, taking it away and putting it back again. I presume that this is due to the blood moving around my ear making a noise that I actually never noticed before until it went silent.
Am I making sense? I know that it makes sense to me but that's no guarantee.
If you are worried about them, go and see your doctor. He/she should arrange for you to see a cardiologist who will then fit you with a Halter monitor that you wear for 24 hours. The results of this will tell them what the problem is.
It's really not useful to tell you not to worry about them because if they are anything like mine, you will. It's not something you can forget when they happen. I take some heart in that everybody says that they won't kill me. Not that it makes them any easier to live with but at least I can remain optimistic and hopeful.
All the best,
Dugong (Stewart)

summer09
15-09-09, 10:49
yeh they r ok they dont do u any danger 2 your heart xx i have a heart contion and my doc told me that .just try and take your mind off it,it is hard xx

nanny
15-09-09, 13:16
Hi Amanda

Like Sandramick says the more you worry the worse they become, this is soooo true as i am having a hard time at the moment and i'm having them like crazy.

They are really frightening but as the dr's tell you they don't do you any harm, although that doesn't stop ME worrying.

I do find that if you do deep breathing it does calm them down so have a little go at that and see if it helps.

Good luck.

amandaj
16-09-09, 10:07
ty everyone for replying i hate them there so scary nd you are right i know they get worse the more anxious you get but i seem to think im about to die with them then thats it anxiety sky high, but i will try to stay calmer , i have read the page also nicola thanks for that , ill also try the deep breathing

amandaxx