PDA

View Full Version : Hiya

hmcgowan
23-10-05, 19:02
Hi everyone.

Just found this website and I'm so happy I could cry.

I started suffering from panic attacks from the age of 11 but they disappeared after the age of 14. Im 22 now and they've decided to make another appearance and I really need to some help in trying to control them. I feel like I'm in a bubble that needs popping so I can start living my life again and avoiding going places cos I think an attacks gonna help. Hope you guys can help me out cos at last I know I'm not alone.

H McGowan

alexis
23-10-05, 19:08
Hi you will certainly get lots of help and support on here, I have been here just over 6 months, Ive met some lovely people and had wonderful support.
There is always a chat room too if you fancy going in, it gets busy after 7.30, you can discuss things but also have a laugh in there.
Welcome and take a good look around, you are not alone,

love from Alexisxxxx

3faces
23-10-05, 19:47
Hi there:D

Welcome to this site....and you will get lots of support and advice.

Do you know why your panic attacks have started again, has anything in particular triggered them? I started having mine after I suffered from postnatal depression about 11 years ago and they seemed to go as I learnt to deal with them (breathing exercises etc) I'm now experiencing new problems and nearly had a panic attack in my car a week ago. If you can find out the trigger and work on it from there it helps.

PM me anytime if you want a chat, I know how pleased I was when I found this site. Its awful thinking you're alone with these sorts of problems.:(

Jem xxx

clickaway
23-10-05, 20:50
Hi and welcome aboard!

I feel that getting involved in this forum, by posting, reading and making new buddies will aid your recovery.

Its quite important to know why youre suffering, and also to accept it.

Take Care,

Ray

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

seh1980
23-10-05, 21:30
Welcome aboard!! :D

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

meatybuddy
23-10-05, 22:37
welcome to nmp

you will get lots of very good advice and help from all the good people here.

all the best

darren

There is light at the end of the tunnel its just finding it thats the hard part

pinkscrumpy
24-10-05, 09:19
Hiya

A big warm welcome to you

:D:D

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
Will I ever be free?
Wake me up from this nightmare.
Please just give me the key!

trac67
24-10-05, 13:32
Hi,
Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice and make some good friends here. Stay focused and positive it really helps.

Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwitten'

mazz
24-10-05, 15:51
hi , welcome to nmp . iam sure you will find some great advice and learn to cope with the bad days , mazzx

nomorepanic
24-10-05, 20:11
Welcome aboard.

Little steps will help you get your life back on track again. Did you read this on the website - www.nomorepanic.co.uk/firststeps

Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Karen
24-10-05, 22:58
Hi there

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Elaine1
26-10-05, 09:15
Hi

A huge welcome to the site - great place for lots of support and to begin to really understand and accept things!

What do you think the trigger has been recently? By identifying this, it might help you to help over come it.

Wishing you all the best.

Elaine

hmcgowan
26-10-05, 09:30
I havent got a clue what has triggered them off. Ive got a few family problems but that didnt seem to be worrying me. It may have something to do with that but Im really not sure. The doctor has given me citalopram which are making me really ill but its worth a try.

Havent been out the house for 2 days but Im making myself go out in a minute cos Im not gonna let these things get the better of me:D

H McGowan

Meg
27-10-05, 12:28
Hope you went out.

Often anxiety bubbles over when several things all worry you at once and your internal pint jar just overflows.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?