PDA

View Full Version : Could Use A Hand

mikejames
14-09-09, 10:12
getting through today

Had a stupid weekend friends round etc etc and had way too much to drink so of course now it is Monday morning and sat at my desk wondering if I am actually going to die at any moment

Been into chat room but no one there!

Any messages / ideas would be REALLY really appreciated

MIKE

Izzycam
14-09-09, 10:32
Hi there, hope your feeling a little better,could it be your on a downer after the drink.

Izzycam
14-09-09, 10:34
Sorry I didn't mean to sound obtuse, I'm new to this site and just wanted to let you know that someone is listening to you.

Antoinette
14-09-09, 10:41
Hey Mike

Me and you in the same boat mate.
I am exactly the same. Trying to hold it together here at my desk.
I can only pop out for so long before my co -workers think there is something up.

Its a nightmare isnt it....Im just trying to drink loads of water and try to focus on work but not doing very good.

My office is soooooooooo quiet.

Dont even have an ipod to distract me.

How often do you get like this?

I am sick of it, cant take it anymore.

Do message me though, I ll be on here all day.

We could try and calm each other down!

Antoinette.
XX

mikejames
14-09-09, 10:41
thanks for the reply

Am sure have brought most of this on myself !

Just feel dreadful............................

Mike

Antoinette
14-09-09, 10:42
oooooooh forgot to say I find running my hands under cold water helps a bit and a fan at my desk.......

Antoinette
14-09-09, 10:44
Mike, I hear ya.
I rolled in at 3am!

And now I am shaking like a leaf, pains, the lot.

We just need to tell ourselves that we are both fine, safe and secure.

And know that we can go home if we really want to.

A
X

mikejames
14-09-09, 10:47
Am just sat rigid virtually too scared to move
Going to try and fetch a glass of water

mike

bluesparkle
14-09-09, 10:55
hey you two !
alcohol does not help with our anxiety one little bit...
i still go for a drink once maybe twice a week but i know i will suffer the next day...
you will both be fine ok... it cannot harm you ...
i dont mean to sound patronising because i know what its like...
i have got to the stage where i get worried before i even have a drink... so why do it hey! well because i want a fairly "normal" life and i enjoy going out...
stick with it guys... drink lots of water... and concentrate on your breathing...
remember it is just fuelled by the alcohol...
and you have done well getting into work...
chat is often quiet this time of day, i cant get in on this computer so only around in evenings.
hope the day gets better for you both.
rach
x

mikejames
14-09-09, 11:05
thanks Rachel fort he advise

Much appreciated going to keep drinking plenty of water and just do my breathing

Mike

jill
14-09-09, 11:14
Hi Mike :D:hugs:

You have done sooo well in getting yourself into work. WELL DONE :hugs:

Hun, what you are feeling is normal response your mind and body give you regarding alcohol, BUT, because you are acute with panic, anxiety your mind is over reacting to these symptoms, PLEASE be kind to yourself, YOUR NOT going to die, this is Mrs anxiety playing with you.

I know this is dame hard for you Mike, but please try and reassure yourself your going to be just fine, use reassuring statements, give yourself good reasons for feeling this way, eg, "ohh I drank to much, hehe, but had a good time, these feeling, symptoms will pass soon, my mind is over reacting to a NORMAL hangover, I am going to be just fine, ANY reasuring statment.

Remember what you have hunny, panic, anxiety, BOTH need scary thoughts to survive, starve them of these scary thoughts and they symptoms WILL ease hun :hugs: you know yourself from past expierance, we can feel DAME rough after a night out.

Drink plenty of water and get yourself something to eat, this will help soo much relieve the hangover.

I know myself how this can feel, ohh boy do I, even though I am panic, high anxiety free, I do still feel I have to manege my anxiety and if I have work next day, I MYSELF, DO NOT drink, for ME, the to don't mix, but thats ME, learning about myself.

I did, when acute, stop drinking all togeather, NOT forever, just untill I could bring the panic, high levels of anxiety under control. I can now go out, have a good time, Mmm, but still wake up feeling Mmm ohhh rubish, but my mind does not over react now to these feelings.

Mike, you are doing sooo well, this will pass hunny, you feel this way because you have a hangever and dehidrated, this alone can have an effect on none sufferes too and can cause a vast amount of normal symptoms.

You have had some great advice already, YOU ARE NOT alone in how your feel hun, BUT please try and reasure yourself, this WILL pass soon hun:hugs:

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XXX

mikejames
14-09-09, 11:20
thanks for that Jill I will keep positive do not worry

Got a sandwich for lunch and having water

Brilliant advice from all - thanks so so much

Mike

Antoinette
14-09-09, 11:30
Im off to the pub!! :0)
Only joking....
Yeah I know the booze doesnt help but at the same time, I shouldnt have to change my life just to accomdate them either.
Yeah I know, I worry insanely before I go out cos I know the next day will be a total waste, have to sort of plan ahead.
But I am not giving up my friends or my social life.
Yes it is making better lifestyle choices, sure.
But I even get panic attacks if I am not drinking....?
The point is, I just want rid of them.
Yup, still sipping on cold water.
Nice.

Antoinette.