PDA

View Full Version : Girl with Thinning Hair

lotte_82
14-09-09, 11:02
So Im suffering badly with Anxiety, Depression and also an eating disorder, I have been badly since Feb 09.....now to top things ff my hair is falling ut and is visibly thinning around the front and sides (i cant see the back thank god!) and I am not exaggerating here but its really really bad running my fingers through it is a no no becasue more comes out.

I just dont know what to do...Im only 27 and i dont want too luck even worse than i do :weep: :weep: :weep:

Any advice

meg86
14-09-09, 12:00
Hello Lotte, i went through a hair thinning stage when i was first diagnosed with anxiety, i was very stressed and my hair seemed to be shredding.

This lasted for about 3 months and it eventualy stopped but i know how awful it is because i didnt think it was going to ever stop.

I know a few people who this happens to when they are under stress but their hair always returns to normal after a while.

I would recommend going to your doctor as i had to just to make sure that nothing else was causing it, but it sounds like to me it is stress, try not to worry it happens to lots of people.

xxx

ro44
14-09-09, 14:56
My 17 year old niece was having her hair fall out and the doctor told her it was because she was too thin. If you aren't getting enough fat in your diet, that can make you lose your hair. Also, if you aren't eating enough and your body is not getting the nutrients it needs, it can cause your hair to thin out.

lonely
14-09-09, 18:57
its because of your eating disorder hun, because your body isn't receiving the vitamins and minerals it needs, and nutrients.
you could also benefit from taking some multi vitamins but you should also try and eat a varied and balanced diet and try to overcome your eating issues

bottleblond
14-09-09, 19:01
Hi Lotte

A friend of mine has been going through the same thing.
Here is the link to her post....

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=56086&highlight=hair+loss

Take care
Lisa
x