PDA

View Full Version : Yeah, I have no idea what this could be, me thinks something horrible

hulk
14-09-09, 13:52
Hi, I have the following symptoms:

Occasional feelings of light headedness Pressure feeling in head, moves a little bit sometimes General feeling like crap (ie, tiredness) Inability to concentrate Paracetomol does nothing to ease it it came on all of a sudden Thursday night and I paniced, which made it a whole lot worse, but I alleviated it myself by calming down Has been pretty constant since then, having some ups and downs, but never really going

Of course, this makes me think I have a brain tumour :(. Des anyone have any idea what this could be? I'm going to go to the Doctor, but in the mean time, it would be nice to know what I could be looking at here.

Luci-loo
14-09-09, 14:13
Hey Hulk, a lot of what you mentioned could be anxiety related. I was recommend dispersable asprin x3 by my doctor and it's the only thing that helps so it may be worth a try, I find if you take paracetamol for a headache for too long it loses it touch.

june
14-09-09, 14:13
Hi, I have the following symptoms:

Occasional feelings of light headedness - anxiety/ stress / worry
Pressure feeling in head, moves a little bit sometimes - tension, shoulders tooo tight
General feeling like crap (ie, tiredness) - Body exausted with all the worry, mind searching for answers.
Inability to concentrate - same - brain on a merry-go-round
Paracetomol does nothing to ease it - it is not a physical pain
it came on all of a sudden Thursday night and I paniced, which made it a whole lot worse, but I alleviated it myself by calming down - :doh: there is your answer:blush:
Has been pretty constant since then, having some ups and downs, but never really going - i know that feeling very well:)
Of course, this makes me think I have a brain tumour :(. Des anyone have any idea what this could be? I'm going to go to the Doctor, but in the mean time, it would be nice to know what I could be looking at here.
Hope this helps
best wishes
June
:hugs:

hulk
14-09-09, 14:27
Hope this helps
best wishes
June
:hugs:

Yeah, that is helpful actually, I will go to the doctor anyway to rule out anything serious, but I can't get to my doctor for a couple of days, so it's nice to know it's not as likely to be anything serious. Interestingly, I do not notice the problems when I wake up in the morning, but they come pretty quickly after.

june
14-09-09, 14:31
Hulk, I try to guide people to the "main menu" scroll down to ""symptoms"".
You will be amazed at the information in there - lots that you will recognise and say ""wow so that is what causes that!!!""
Good Reading
June

hulk
14-09-09, 14:45
Hulk, I try to guide people to the "main menu" scroll down to ""symptoms"".
You will be amazed at the information in there - lots that you will recognise and say ""wow so that is what causes that!!!""
Good Reading
June

Oh, yep, didn't even notice that, ha ha. I'll give it a good read.

A few months ago, I got a week and half of nausea and these strange jolting feelings while trying to go to sleep, but I'm sure that was anxiety, because taking my thoughts away from the nausea stopped it and the Jolts stopped themselves, but it is a symptom of brain tumours, which has helped me put two and two together. Funny enough, the nausea started after the Jolts had started and when I started investigating (thanks to Dr Google -- the doomsday doctor) and found nausea as a symptom, I magically got nausea. It seemed strange to me. After going to the doctor and getting a blood test done back then (april/may at an estimate, I'm not sure exactly when it occured), it eased after that and I didn't go back to get the results. I was also told that doctors ring if you have something wrong, and I got no calls, so I assumed there was nothing to worry about and it all seemed fine until now

june
14-09-09, 14:50
Ha ha Be careful with google - a chap on here googled his symptoms ........
The result????? it said he was pregnant......
june

hulk
14-09-09, 14:54
Ha ha Be careful with google - a chap on here googled his symptoms ........
The result????? it said he was pregnant......
june

Ha ha, I'd get a laugh out of that xD. It's usually a brain tumour if you look up anything like what I have. I try to rationalize based on the fact I don't have the "Seizures" and what not, but it still worrys me a lot, even though it probably shouldn't

hulk
14-09-09, 16:22
Oh, I forgot to mention. Probably makes no difference, but every now and again, I get what i can only describe as a "burning" sensation on a part of my head, it's like the pressure one, but a strange burning sort of thing. It doesn't hurt as such, it's just the best word I could describe it with

hulk
15-09-09, 11:13
Oh, come on, this is ridiculous. I just turned on my TV to a show talking about someone with a Brain Tumour. As soon as I started watching it (I didn't click at first, I was doing something else) the symptoms got worse as I paniced :(

june
15-09-09, 14:40
Hi Not bein funny - but that is soooo typical. my father and brother died of heart atacks. I worked as a volunteer tutor and EVERY time i used a dictionary - it ALWAYS opened with the word coronary at the top. It got so bad i felt haunted by the word.
10 yrs later and it still happens occasionaly.
I got sick of people saying don't be silly 'it is only a word.......
Anything that you do not want to see or hear - you will see and hear everytime.
june

hulk
15-09-09, 14:44
Yeah, it's really weird, it just seems much worse at night. My panicing probably makes it worse. I am 99.9% convinced I have a brain tumor, just based on the fact the pressure is in a specific area, and I cannot convince myself otherwise. I cannot find any comforting words that specifically say I can't have one and the way I feel now, it feels like my life is going to terminate sometime in the next few weeks :scared10:

hulk
15-09-09, 17:05
Well, now even better, I csn't get to sleep cause of the worry. This is gunna do so much good for my condition :( :( :(

looking4answers
17-09-09, 05:23
If its something bad then there are a WHOLE bunch of us in trouble.I posted a question about the samething today and nobody said anything. I guess maybe its just you and me..