PDA

View Full Version : brokeheadfix

Rizzle
14-09-09, 14:24
Hi everyone.

I'm a 29 year old professional from London who was recently diagnosed as suffering from anxiety with a depressive element. I started a new job in July and very quickly found I had stopped eating and sleeping, and was spiralling out of control. Luckily my colleagues spotted it, and the rational part of me saw what was happening, and I found help. I'm now taking mirtazapine and sertraline and have started talking to a psychologist about the root causes.

I was having regular anxiety attacks, with all the common symptoms. In fact, the reason I've posted here (first time ever on any forum) is because the description of generalised anxiety disorder on this site was the most accurate I've ever seen. It sums it up perfectly.

I'm now off work, recovering and trying to relax, and have found that talking or specifically, writing about my treatment is incredibly therapeutic. I started a blog on day 1 of taking sertraline, and my friends have been reading and suggested it might be a good idea to tell other sufferers about it. So here it is...

http://brokeheadfix.blogspot.com/

I get nothing out of you reading my blog, there's no advertising or anything. I'm just writing it for me to keep track of my feelings and thought I would share. I invite you all to join me on my journey to recovery. I know I'll need the support and think maybe I could help someone else out there. Please feel you can post comments on the blog, or of course reply to this thread.

I wish everyone a speedy recovery. This is certainly the weirdest time of my life and I imagine it's the same for all of you.

Rizzle

den68
14-09-09, 16:44
i have read your blog it was very honest and i feel will help other suffers to realise its not their fault and their not alone

Veronica H
14-09-09, 16:53
:welcome: Rizzle. Glad that you have found us. I will read your blogg.

Veronica

Rizzle
14-09-09, 18:38
Wow - thanks guys. I really appreciate the support.

Thorny
14-09-09, 20:03
Thanks for sharing your blog Rizzle. :) It's great you have been able to write everything so clearly and in detail. Something that isn’t easy when the going gets tough.

Al the best

Matt

Curiouslyinvolved
12-11-13, 23:42
Hi Rizzle

Your blog brought me here. I found it very interesting and allot of what you have said hut home with me.

I am wondering how you have got on since 2010, please update?