PDA

View Full Version : Is it all in our head??????

KK77
15-09-09, 02:00
Hi everyone!

After reading so many posts/experiences, many of us seem to experience antidepressant "poop-out", where your med just doesn't seem to work as well as it used to, or stops working completely!:mad: It happened to me with Seroxat (paroxetine) ... I had a year or so of it working really well then 6 years of trying to get off it!:shrug:

I was just wondering which AD "pooped-out" for you and whether certain ADs stop working sooner than others ...

Or ... is it all in our head???????????:huh:

mapmaker
16-09-09, 17:11
For me it was benzo's. (clonazepam, temazepam, lorazepam, xanax). They worked for like 2 to 3 weeks each for my anxiety level. 1 week to help my insomnia.. which is chronic for the last 3 months. I need some good long term sleep soon.
Citalapram's sides were awful. I only took it for 6 days.. then quit cold turkey.

KK77
17-09-09, 23:27
Hi mapmaker

Yeh benzos seem to lose their effect pretty quickly and are then hard to come off - l took diazepam for a while but didn't help much. I took zopiclone for sleep and that was very effective.

Drs in the UK are reluctant to prescribe benzos. I've noticed that benzo use is much more common in the US. Drs here love handing out the citalopram instead lol...

Take care and good luck!