PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever felt relaxed after a panic attack

auntie
24-10-05, 16:06
Hi everyone,
I am trying to help my nephew who at 33 is experiencing for the first time in his life some form of mental health problem.
The psychiatrists believe it is depression and anxiety and I believe it may be obsessional thinking. He feels it is none of these and is a unique illness which he cannot explain and therefore noone can help him. After fighting it for months with no combinations of medication helping him he has lost hope and tried to commit suicide. He still feels this is the only way out to escape this torture that doesnt give him a seconds rest. All he can describe is that he is ill in his head.
It all began when he found out about his partners infidelity which was a one night stand 6 years ago. This was totally out of character for her as she absolutely idolises him but it was in response to him having several affairs himself. He forgives her and knows he has been much worse and he totally trusts her not to do it again. However the shock that she could do that to him seemed to unbalance him. He thought about it obsessionally for every second of every day for weeks, which is why I wonder if his problem is the obsessional thought side of OCD spectrum. The psychiatrists feel that this may be part of the problem.
Then he began to get what he called breakdowns which he could feel coming on and he would have to lay on the floor as his body became paralysed for about 30 seconds but afterwards he would get a lovely feeling of relaxation for a few hours afterwards. DOES THIS SOUND LIKE A PANIC ATTACK. HAS ANYONE EVER FELT GOOD STRAIGHT AFTER AN ATTACK?
he feels that these breakdowns that were almost like conscious seizures are what have damaged his brain and led on to other symptoms eg muscle aches, gripping headaches, waves through his body and now nothing physical but just this torturous feeling of illness in his mind that he cannot explain or escape from.
Many thanks and God bless.
Auntie

nomorepanic
24-10-05, 16:09
Auntie

This post is the same as your other one ....

Is this a panic attack please??? (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6029)

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

auntie
24-10-05, 20:15
Nicola
Sorry, new to this. I just thought this section would be more relevant to my particular question.
Thanks.
Auntie

nomorepanic
24-10-05, 20:19
Auntie

No need to apologise, I wasn't being rude I promise - I just wanted people to continue posting on the other thread cos then you can keep the replies together.

You will find that everyone reads all the posts in all the forums so it won't get missed.

Hope you get some of the help that you need.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"