PDA

View Full Version : hi venlafaxine pro longed release capsules...

kazza22
15-09-09, 15:08
hi i have been taken of sertraline and put on 75g per day of the above meds. i have read so many negative things about this on various forums and wondered if anyone has any thoughts good or bad? i was originally on flouxitine for PND then sertraline and not been good recently so Dr changed me to venlafaxine. (depression for over 2 years now) also anyone know about alchohol and these meds?
many thanks,
k x

lonely
16-09-09, 18:52
hi ive been on these for 2 1/2 years now started off on low dose and gradually increased until got to higher dose, but was then found to have a heart mumur and racing heart, so they had to be reduced
ive not had any other problems with them, apart from chest pains i had before they discovered i had a heart mumur
ive preferred this med to beta blockers and it works better for me then escitlopram ever did, but everyone is different, what works for one might not work for another, its just a matter of trying to see what is best for you

its recomended that they take your blood pressure every so often just to check on you while on this med

im not sure about alcohol, but id think it would be the same as with any other anti 'd', not sure, but i don't drink anyway

ConfusedByLife
25-09-09, 22:54
Like lonely said - they have different effects with different ppl, but ive found them to be a good med for me. ive been on the 75mg modified release capsule for about 8 years now. No real problems. ive tried a lot of other meds but this one seems to suit my problems (social and general anxiety). Regarding alcohol, I used to drink quite a lot while on these and had no problems, the hangovers though can get you seriously down the next day so if depression is a problem the hangover is maybe not worth it (although i'm not sure if it's the drug that makes it any worse). Good luck anyways. PS im sure you've read that the withdrawal symptoms coming off these can be terrible, so bear that in mind that the shorter period you are on these the better. I don't think I can ever come off these now after trying about 2 years ago.