PDA

View Full Version : Some really positive newsd but then there's always something else

annie pannie
15-09-09, 17:56
Hi

Haven't posted for a while as things have been going really well- didn't want to sound like i was all sorted but thought I would hopefully show that there really is light at the end of the tunnel. Have spent the last year with a bad session of anxiety - palps, health anxiety, night panics, day panics, not going out, fear of dying, dizzyness, extreme fatigue, shaking etc etc etc. After some tests late last year and early this, I took the decision that I needed to exercise to try and beat it as I didn't want to go back on meds. At the time, couldn't even walk upstairs without getting palps, shaking feeling exhausted and when i went out i felt terrible - i have had agoraphobia in the past. Anyway, started on the exercise- slow slow walking - i was soooo scared especially of my heart when it speeded up as I had had several trips to casualty with my heart going all over the place. It was not easy, and it has taken a long time of very slowly increasing my confidence but I now manage to walk at quite a quick pace and can walk for nearly four miles. I also use a treadmill which is graduated so can walk at quite a speed uphill which really does get my heart beating. Yes I am still scared and i still get palps - have had some horrendous ones lately, but I just know that walking really really helps with my anxiety - I also make sure I drink plenty of water and mostly eat a really good diet. I still get problems sleeping at night with the odd night panic and when i get a set back i think it's the start of it all again. I gave up my job in March due to my problems but am working part time now and again my sugar levels have stabilised which was a big problem for me. Anyway I just wanted to say that there is light at the end of the tunnel and for me at least, exercise has been the key. i still struggle with anxiety and think I always will. But at least I have stopped taking my pulse every second, checking my heart and worrying I am going to die imminently.

There is a big test ahead for me as I am now worrying about my partner who has been told that following a normal set of blood tests he is borderline anaemic - of course - the grmelins got in on that one and i have spent the last two days looking at Dr Google (yes I know I know...) and of course am terrified that my partner has some underlying problem such as stomach cancer (his dad has had it) however, I am battling valiantly to keep this under control as it will not help my partner any. Have I really turned a corner - I just think that life is full of anxiety and I am anxious about life and all I can do is keep doing what I have been doing. I posted ages ago to say there is a really good book I used in the dark days written by two women scientists who expereinced their own problems and demons and when i find it I will post the details. Sorry this is such a long post and I don't want anyone to think that I am suggesting that overcoming our individual issues is simply a case of walking and I may well be back on the site any day now asking for support. Thinking about everyone who is coping with this awfully debilitating condition. Best wishes Annie x x x:D

Gazman
15-09-09, 18:03
ah that's good, congratulations and lets hope you get even better in the future.

I'm sorry to hear about your oh but i'm sure everything will b ok :)

annie pannie
15-09-09, 22:38
Thanks for the reply and I am sure he will be fine too (did I really say that?) I think the journey that is anxiety will probably have lots of twists and turns yet to come but I'm just going to keep walking!!